OMNI vs Heavy Hitch

gk527

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Apr 6, 2017
Central Kentucky
I'm looking for a 3 point hitch system that will take a receiver hitch at the bottom for a bumper style trailer, and a receiver hitch pointing up for a gooseneck ball or whatever else I'd like to use it for. I would also like to be able to add weight to it for ballast.

I've been looking at the Heavy Hitch and OMNI products. I can get the OMNI about $60 cheaper. They look to be very similiar products online, however I'd like to hear from people who have used either of these products. Like and dislikes.

Or any other options out there.

http://omni-mfg.com/-OMNI-Combo-Imatch-with-Integrated-Weight-rack-P1341078.aspx

https://heavyhitch.com/store/

gk527

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Apr 6, 2017
Central Kentucky
No one?

I've searched the forums and have read some reviews from as far back as 3 or 4 years ago. Just looking for some fresh perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I went with the Omni transformer hitch, works great and built very heavy. Call and talk with them and you will get taken care of.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
IMG_6191.jpg
This is a bit different than what you are looking at, but I use a quick hitch a lot as I switch from the land plane, cultivator rake and tow hitch. An inexpensive QH from HF ( $79.) and I picked up the A frame ($69. On amazon) with a 2" receptacle for tie balls. I also gave a 2" piece of box tubing about 28" long with a long 3/4" bolt that I can stack lifting weights on for quick removable ballast. Just another idea, something to think about

JackJ

Equipment
BX1870-1
Mar 14, 2016
Indiana
I purchased the Omni combo hitch about a year ago, though a version without the weight bracket, and I've been very happy with it. Very solidly built with clean, uniform welds and good paint (powdercoat?). I remember looking at lots of different options, but liked some of the optional add-ons available for the Omni, particularly for log skidding in my case.

No experience with the Heavy Hitch.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I like this from OMNI for a BX.
I didn't want something on the 3ph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gk527

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Apr 6, 2017
Central Kentucky
I purchased this one from GenY

https://genyhitch.com/the-hitch-store/three-point-tractor-hitches/gh-824/

I have an older model that does not have the additional receivers under the corners. So far it has been a beast. Pulling trailers and skidding logs. Though I don't think is is set to directly take weights. But with all the extra holes you could easily mount something.

That's a nice one, but it's a little more than what I'm wanting to spend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I like this from OMNI for a BX.
I didn't want something on the 3ph.

Rcw you need to talk to Hodge for some stabilizers, those turnbuckles are old school. His stabilizers make turnbuckle minutes into stabilizer seconds!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Rcw you need to talk to Hodge for some stabilizers, those turnbuckles are old school. His stabilizers make turnbuckle minutes into stabilizer seconds!

Yeah Slim, I've considered Mark's stabilizers often.

I only use a box blade and a subsoiler, so hasn't been much of a problem. Little fluid film helps the turnbuckles.

Honestly, would go for a QH first, but both my implements need re-working first. On the list....