B20 / D950 crankshaft oil slinger in gear case

Mark15

Equipment
Kubota B20
Feb 17, 2017
Ohio
In the process of putting the D950 engine back together during a rebuild for my B20.

The shop manual and the online parts diagrams show an oil slinger that gets installed on the crankshaft, sandwiched between the crank timing gear and the oring / collar to the gear case cover front seal.

The slinger is listed as part # 15752-23310.

This engine was apart before I owned it, and when I tore it down there was what appears to just be a flat washer where this slinger is supposed to be. It does not seem to have anything about it that would sling oil. However the shop manual and online part diagrams are both fuzzy and do not show much detail. Is this smooth washer actually what they call an oil slinger, or should I order a new one just in case? :confused:

Thanks!

Mark15

Equipment
Kubota B20
Feb 17, 2017
Ohio
Hello
The oil slinger is just what you see. A flat washer.
Good Luck Lance
Ok, thanks for that! Saved me the aggravation of ordering another one and waiting to install the gear cover, only to get the same washer! :rolleyes:

Can't imagine this really slings any oil. I imagine the gear teeth themselves would do a better job of that!

JeffL

Equipment
B7200E, B4200DT
Jan 8, 2016
North Central Ar.
Think of it as a shield. It I also rotating so all oil landing on the shield is slung off the shield. Used to control the amount of oil reaching the seal or whatever it is shielding.