BX Rear Wheel Measurement Needed

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I need the exact measurement of the hole in the middle of the rear wheel on a BX. The reasoning for this is that I have acquired a set of rear wheel spacers that are designed for the Jeep vehicles with a 71.5 mm hub. I want to machine a centric ring to fit over the Jeep hub on the adapter and to fit the hub of the Kubota rim. All of my instruments are too large to fit inside the rim to determine this measurement. thanks

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I need the exact measurement of the hole in the middle of the rear wheel on a BX. The reasoning for this is that I have acquired a set of rear wheel spacers that are designed for the Jeep vehicles with a 71.5 mm hub. I want to machine a centric ring to fit over the Jeep hub on the adapter and to fit the hub of the Kubota rim. All of my instruments are too large to fit inside the rim to determine this measurement. thanks
I don't have a good way of making that measurement either, but I was wanting to get that hole diameter on my B2910, and figured what I might to is put a board in the wheel, with the edge over the hole, and wack it with a heavy hammer. Figured that would leave an impression that I could measure.

Just a thought. Did not try it...

edit: I remember someone, either here or on TBN, posting about using a jeep wheel spacer on their BX, one that was hub centric and fit the hole in the BX wheel perfectly. Don't have the link though. If I find it I will post, or perhaps someone else here can put their finger on it.

Last edited:

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Been doing some searching on the internet, and found this from a site that sells the centric rings...
Measuring the center bore of the rim: Typically, the rims have no indication of the center bore, so you must discover it yourself. If the rim is new, you may find the size on the receipt or from the salesman, otherwise you must measure the hole yourself. Because slide calipers usually don’t fit inside a wheel, the measurement must be made using a ruler or a tape measure. Measure, as accurately as possible, the size of the wheel center bore and choose the nearest size from the table. The size of the wheel center bore is the bigger dimension of the ring, i.e. the outer measurement.

Tip: When measuring the wheel center bore you may use a piece of paper on which you mark the inside of the bore as carefully as possible and then measure the distance from the paper, using a tape measure, for example.
https://us.hubcentric-rings.com/how_to_install_hub_centric_rings/

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You do know it doesn't mean squat to have hub centric rims on a tractor.
You can never get it going fast enough (unless you free wheel it down a steep hill) to ever need them.
You did notice that there are no wheel weights on the rims either, same reason, never enough speed to need them! ;)

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
You do know it doesn't mean squat to have hub centric rims on a tractor.
You can never get it going fast enough (unless you free wheel it down a steep hill) to ever need them.
You did notice that there are no wheel weights on the rims either, same reason, never enough speed to need them! ;)
I never thought of hubcentric wheels as being something related to speed.

Just seems like having the wheel held in position against the hub, with a center, would take stress (sheer force) away from the wheel studs, leaving the lug nuts to hold the wheel against the hub, and the wheel center to carry most of the shear load when needed.

If given the choice I will take a hubcentric set up every time. Seems like it is all gain and no pain, except when trying to find/adapt wheel spacers...:D

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Umm is there some reason why you can't take a rim off and measure the hole ? Or am I reading the post wrong ?
I had a quik read of the rings in the link and have to wonder why there'd be shimy between 30-40(or whatever) as the rim SHOULD be securely fastened to the drive hub. and proper tire/wheel balancing should have be done.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Umm is there some reason why you can't take a rim off and measure the hole ? Or am I reading the post wrong ?
I had a quik read of the rings in the link and have to wonder why there'd be shimy between 30-40(or whatever) as the rim SHOULD be securely fastened to the drive hub. and proper tire/wheel balancing should have be done.
The wheel doesn't always center using just the bolts or nuts on studs. Chevrolet learned this back in the late 1950's and very early 1960's, and added a centric ring to the end of the rear axle hub to correct the problem.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Ok, so why can't you remove rim, place on paper, use thin pencil to draw the 'hole', then measure the diameter of the big hole? Or better yet, use digital mikes at several 'diameters' ??
I eyeballed a tape measure on my BX23s and it's about 3 1/8"(78-80mm+-).
80mm would be a 'nice' number but... it's probably 77.364 or some other weird Metric !
My friend would just take a picture, import into his CNC PC and 'magically' all the dimensions would be displayed.....