Need help! B6200 or B7100

Hooverscon

Jun 24, 2018
USA
I located 2 nice tractor:

B6200: MMM, With hydraulic front plow, AG tires, 820 hours asking 4500

B7100: MMM, with front snow blower, Turf tires, 915 hours asking 3900.

I need a tractor to mow with and also pull trees out of a very wet area. I can get a nice deal on AG's for the 7100. Do you think I'd be happier with a b6200 or B7100? Do both models come with diff lock??

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I located 2 nice tractor:

B6200: MMM, With hydraulic front plow, AG tires, 820 hours asking 4500

B7100: MMM, with front snow blower, Turf tires, 915 hours asking 3900.

I need a tractor to mow with and also pull trees out of a very wet area. I can get a nice deal on AG's for the 7100. Do you think I'd be happier with a b6200 or B7100? Do both models come with diff lock??
Really need more info, are they both gear or HST?
Are they both 4wd or 2wd?
A tractor without a loader is only able to use half the tractors potential, this works great for some situations and losey for others.

if you want to switch the B7100 from turfs to ags your also going to have to get different rims too, and a few of the B7100 models it's getting really hard to get the rims.

Yes they both have diff locks, but you really shouldn't need it, I rarely use mine and I do a lot of woods work.

Condition of the tractors plays more of a role in buyability than the model.

Me if they were in the same condition, I would probably go for the b6200 just because it's newer and has a little better features. ;)

Last edited:

Hooverscon

Jun 24, 2018
USA
Thanks Wolfman. I didn't realize that about the rims. That's a bummer. Both are 4x4 gear driven w/o loader. Is the b7100, if fitted with Aggies, more capable in true "off road" setting than the b6200? The videos on YouTube makes the 7100 out to be unstoppable in deep mud and snow.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks Wolfman. I didn't realize that about the rims. That's a bummer. Both are 4x4 gear driven w/o loader. Is the b7100, if fitted with Aggies, more capable in true "off road" setting than the b6200? The videos on YouTube makes the 7100 out to be unstoppable in deep mud and snow.
I can say the b7100's are tough tough tough, I have 2 HST model's right now, trying to sell one of them.
the B6200 is very similar build wise, just a few added features.
One advantage to the B6200 is a little larger engine (D850) and a water pump and a remote dynamo/ alternator, where the B7100 has a (D750) with a thermosiphon system and a dynamo where the water pump is normally.

I have altered both of mine, one is a D950 with all the bells and whistles, like key stop, 125 amp alternator (way overkill), and more HP, the other is a D850 fully rebuilt with all Kubota parts.

They are built very well, have the ability and power to do a ton of work.
they will take a fair amount of normal abuse, just stay on top of fixing issues so they don't compound on each other.

Now as far as going from Turfs to AG's, I went a different route with mine just for use in the woods and snow, I have Truck mud tires on mine, They match the RC perfectly so I have no 4wd issues and they bite really hard, chains are cheap for them too, one other advantage is they are wide and with the loaded they are heavy.

One thing I don't like is the lack of Power / hydrostatic steering.
If my second B7100 doesn't sell i will had hydrostatic steering from that parts I have, also toying with the Idea of stretching it and making a road grader out of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Hooverscon

Jun 24, 2018
USA
Wolfman - I gotta see the b7100 with truck tires! It sounds badass. I love the looks of the older tractors. I just sold my b6000 a few hours ago! I'd like to get something a bit bigger (b6100-7100). How hard is it to increase the HP? What was your HP and torque gains? I am after a tractor that will be similar size to a large ATV.... But out class, out power, and out last the atv! I have access to bigger tractors if I need it but I want something that I can "build up" to be a tank in the woods/swamp area that I have.

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
Some Bs of this vintage have 3 place hour meters so you may want to look into that.

I would buy based on condition personally.

mattg68

Equipment
B6200HST
Nov 24, 2020
New Hartford, CT 06057
I can say the b7100's are tough tough tough, I have 2 HST model's right now, trying to sell one of them.
the B6200 is very similar build wise, just a few added features.
One advantage to the B6200 is a little larger engine (D850) and a water pump and a remote dynamo/ alternator, where the B7100 has a (D750) with a thermosiphon system and a dynamo where the water pump is normally.

I have altered both of mine, one is a D950 with all the bells and whistles, like key stop, 125 amp alternator (way overkill), and more HP, the other is a D850 fully rebuilt with all Kubota parts.

They are built very well, have the ability and power to do a ton of work.
they will take a fair amount of normal abuse, just stay on top of fixing issues so they don't compound on each other.

Now as far as going from Turfs to AG's, I went a different route with mine just for use in the woods and snow, I have Truck mud tires on mine, They match the RC perfectly so I have no 4wd issues and they bite really hard, chains are cheap for them too, one other advantage is they are wide and with the loaded they are heavy.

One thing I don't like is the lack of Power / hydrostatic steering.
If my second B7100 doesn't sell i will had hydrostatic steering from that parts I have, also toying with the Idea of stretching it and making a road grader out of it.
I know This is a zombie thread, but I need to replace the rear turfs on my B6200HST, and curious if you replaced your rims with the truck mud tires or used the factory rims? I like that idea.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I used Truck rims, it just required a slight resizing of the bolt spacing, nothing a plasma torch wasn't up to.

You could use turf rims as they are wide enough.