Can a BX lift/pull a 60" GS1560 Grading Scraper?

Oct 24, 2019
IN
Wondering what would be the largest/heaviest grader scraper that a BX could handle. The Land Pride GS1560 is 511lb and 60" wide.

The lighter 60" option is the GS0560 at 350lb but it is lighter and doesn't have adjustable cutting edges.

Of course there are 48" options, but I'm thinking if one already has a 48" box scraper, getting something wider as a grader might make sense.

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
I have a 72 inch King Kutter land plane that I bought for my L3301. Just for kicks and grins, I tried it on my driveways behind my BX2380 a couple weeks ago. The BX did just fine with it. My unit supposedly weighs around 475 pounds...I've never weighed it.

Material can't stack up in a plane like it does in a box blade so they are comparatively easier to pull.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
I would think you could make this work fine, given it is a grader. A box blade would be a tougher pull as dirt stacks up in the box, and the BX wouldn't have the weight to pull it once the resistance became too great. The problem with pulling on a BX is often down to how light it is, not so much a lack of power. Lifting it off the ground wont be a problem. Anytime youre looking at a ground engaging implement where you will need drag/pull it, it almost always comes down to a weight distribution issue between the object doing the pulling, and the object being pulled. The more weight you can add to the tractor the more it will pull, as it is able to transfer more of its horsepower to the ground without spinning tires.