L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I saw this and get confused. It's bad, then it's good, then bad, and back and forth over the years. Now these German scientist say 4-5 cups a day may help some defect in the heart. Now, they were working with mice, so what should we do?

Maybe a couple of eggs, toast with butter, and a few cups of coffee?

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/...more-health-benefits?utm_source=pocket-newtab
Do whatever makes you happy! You're not gonna get outa this world alive anyway so why sweat it?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I saw this and get confused. It's bad, then it's good, then bad, and back and forth over the years. Now these German scientist say 4-5 cups a day may help some defect in the heart. Now, they were working with mice, so what should we do?

Maybe a couple of eggs, toast with butter, and a few cups of coffee?

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/...more-health-benefits?utm_source=pocket-newtab
Well if it has some obvious bad effect like increasing heartburn or reflux, don't drink too much, otherwise enjoy in moderation! But the effect on mitochondria is new information to me at least. Knew about effects on smooth muscle and calcium uptake, but not this. Interesting.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Do whatever makes you happy! You're not gonna get outa this world alive anyway so why sweat it?
That has got to be the most funny inspirational sayings I've ever read! :D

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Buddy of mine starts his day every day (9am) with a coffee with a shot of rum in it. He's done this ever since I've known him (years) and he's the picture of health. What's good for one is poison for others...if I was to do that I may as well park outside the ER.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Buddy of mine starts his day every day (9am) with a coffee with a shot of rum in it. He's done this ever since I've known him (years) and he's the picture of health. What's good for one is poison for others...if I was to do that I may as well park outside the ER.
We share him as a mutual friend. Before I up-graded to Captain I used to be his co-pilot.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
"I'll be the last to let you down." and "My day starts when your day ends." :D
Do you run a funeral home?
I used to have a buddy that had a concrete vault company. The vaults a casket went in, and he had tents, etc. for funerals.

We used to say he was the last guy to let you down..... :eek:

We used his tents for clambakes. I told him I don't care if his tents smelled like a clambake at a funeral....but I didn't want them to smell like a funeral at a clambake! :p:p

He was on my men's softball team. His number was 1/2; he was a half-a$$ed softball player....:D

He drank coffee until 11am, and then moved on to Flieschmann's and 7....

I'm betting it was the coffee that got him.....

Last edited:

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
bearbait;366546 What's good for one is poison for others...if I was to do that I may as well park outside the ER.[/QUOTE said:
My father's favorite food was Wendy's burgers and fries. Had bacon, eggs and hash browns for breakfast almost every morning. Hated vegetables and fruit. He lived to be two months shy of 92.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I used to have a buddy that had a concrete vault company. The vaults a casket went in, and he had tents, etc. for funerals.

We used to say he was the last guy to let you down..... :eek:

We used his tents for clambakes. I told him I don't care if his tents smelled like a clambake at a funeral....but I didn't want them to smell like a funeral at a clambake! :p:p

He was on my men's softball team. His number was 1/2; he was a half-a$$ed softball player....:D

He drank coffee until 11am, and then moved on to Flieschmann's and 7....

I'm betting it was the coffee that got him.....
I know we are from different generations and regions RCW. But is yalls clambake the same as mine? May or may not be a discussion on here lol!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Remember back in the late '70 or so, the reports began on the dangers of eggs. How you better start watching your cholesterol. I had a friend who would eat about 5-6 eggs every morning. He lived on a farm and raised the chickens, so eggs were plentiful. He lived to be in his upper 80's.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Remember back in the late '70 or so, the reports began on the dangers of eggs. How you better start watching your cholesterol. I had a friend who would eat about 5-6 eggs every morning. He lived on a farm and raised the chickens, so eggs were plentiful. He lived to be in his upper 80's.
I have 2 boiled eggs for breakfast every morning, cholesterol is fine. I put salt on top of salt just like my grandmother did and she lived to be 92 and my blood pressure is that of a teenager. No one gets out unscathed, if heart decease runs in your family, take care of it, if cancer runs in your family be on the watch for it. For me it's shitty plumbing, well what I have left of it so I try not to antagonize it.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
In a prior life, one of my co-workers used to say...

We get more done before 7 A.M than most people get done all day.

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
The beauty of the interweb & information age....you can basically find numerous reports to support, disprove, argue for, argue against; pretty much anything you want to affirm or deny.

Like most things, a little is usually ok, a lot is usually not ok. I love good coffee, and will have a cup or two most every day, regardless of what any reports might conclude.

Interesting info none-the-less.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I am violently allergic to coffee.