Side by Side plow on a BX24?

Shelby04861

Jul 13, 2019
Thomaston, Maine
I was given a 6ft plow from a side by side. The previous owner had rigged it to work on whatever he had it on(I can't remember). I want to attach it in place of the bucket, use the arms and center ram for adjustment I think. I figure I can move dirt a little or gravel when needed in warmer months. I have zero experience when it comes to plows as I have always shoveled or used a snow blower. O am sure I can make something, but I figured I would check here first.

Does anyone make mounts for what I have?

If you have made something, can you post photos to give me an idea of what I need to come up with?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You can do it, it's just a matter of making the mounts match the existing bucket mounts.

Look at SSQA snow plows to get an idea of how to set it up.

But most of these smaller tractors do better with a quick hitch mounted plow, than they do with a loader mounted plow.

Shelby04861

Jul 13, 2019
Thomaston, Maine
Thanks. I like any setup that works honestly. I was avoiding buying anything to make this work, as it was a freebie. Something tells me I'll be working on this through the winter and will get to use it next season.

Shelby04861

Jul 13, 2019
Thomaston, Maine
Also, this is the plow I got. Just about 6ft. All that I have is in the photos. I can do basic welding and cutting to make something out of scrap metal hopefully. Hoping someone chimes in with their diy setup.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Right off the bat, you're going to need to completely rework the mount.
The mounting setup that is on it is worthless.

It must have a trip edge (spring loaded folding) or any contact with any solid surface is going to fold the hitch in two, or do other significant damage to the unit or worse yet your tractor. :eek:

You're also going to need to as shoes to it, or it will just dig into the ground.