Best attachment I have bought!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Up here,north of the 49th, they're about 2,000 Canucks. I can buy $100 of steel, weekend of fun, and build the same but better,bolt to tongue of trailer. That way I don't lose 3point option AND can carry full load on the trailer

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I've been looking at one, but just couldn't pull the trigger. I read on one of the forums the idea of using a hitch cargo hauler. So, with sales, I picked my up a 500lb cargo hauler for $45 and getting the 3pt QH adapter for the tractor for $100 and going to make due with that for a while and use the savings to get me a box blade. Even though the Big Tool Rack has every feature I would like and is much nicer than what I'm throwing together, I need the box blade for Spring projects that we have planned, so limited funds people have to make due. (I'm not complaining, my wife let me buy an extremely nice tractor, just making decisions that work best for me.)

Enjoy the nice addition.

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
It's a nice attachment, but "best" I have bought? I'm guessing if you removed the loader and gave it away, you'd be changing your mind!

I never go anywhere with any tractor I own that I need that many accessories to get a job done, and I don't want to have to haul them all the time. I'd rather take what I need then have all that hanging in my way.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I can relate.

The most used attachment that I have ever bought it the carryall that is never removed from my 1952 Ford 8N with Sherman combination.

The Ford with carryall serves as my quad, and is filled with hand tools, chainsaw(s), fuel can(s), chains, and whatever else might be needed for the task at hand. The 8N is and has long been the most frequently used tractor on my property.

FWIW: A bit over two years ago, I bought an RTV-X1100C, thinking that it would replace the Ford/carryall. Nope. The 1100C had 2 or 3 hours on it when delivered and now has 11 or 12.

All said, I probably have less than $150 in my carryall, even after replacing the plywood once.

SDT

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
Looking at that unit, if I could weld fork slots on the bottom I could use it as a man lift platform with the loader forks. All the tools handy when up in the air so less calls to wife-son to lower me and raise me again.

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
Looking at that unit, if I could weld fork slots on the bottom I could use it as a man lift platform with the loader forks. All the tools handy when up in the air so less calls to wife-son to lower me and raise me again.

Hmmm... that idea makes this expensive unit more attractive. With a 600lbs load capacity on the cargo area of the BigToolRack, you would still be within the working limits of the BX FEL. (I’m sure the safety police will be all over this one, but it’s a neat idea).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
Hmmm... that idea makes this expensive unit more attractive. With a 600lbs load capacity on the cargo area of the BigToolRack, you would still be within the working limits of the BX FEL. (I’m sure the safety police will be all over this one, but it’s a neat idea).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's OK because when I'm up there I'll have my XL18 Flamethrower with me in case I see bag worms.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Looks like you could stand on the lowered tailgate without need for modification.

I sometimes stand in my carryall to reach whatever I cannot reach from the ground.

SDT

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I can relate.

The most used attachment that I have ever bought it the carryall that is never removed from my 1952 Ford 8N with Sherman combination.

The Ford with carryall serves as my quad, and is filled with hand tools, chainsaw(s), fuel can(s), chains, and whatever else might be needed for the task at hand. The 8N is and has long been the most frequently used tractor on my property.

FWIW: A bit over two years ago, I bought an RTV-X1100C, thinking that it would replace the Ford/carryall. Nope. The 1100C had 2 or 3 hours on it when delivered and now has 11 or 12.

All said, I probably have less than $150 in my carryall, even after replacing the plywood once.

SDT
Just went to their website for more info.

I like it.

They are also offering free shipping. Unfortunately, Kubota orange with decals is another $150.

Still, for use with my never to be sold 52 8N, who needs Kubota orange....

Decisions, decisions.

SDT

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Best attachment I ever bought was my wife and the payments never end either.:D

Reactions: 1 user

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
Well guess what. They have a front loader Quick Connect Attachment! I'm sure they will never mention the idea of using it as a man lift. In fact I'm sure they will have a safety sticker showing a slash (no) to a man riding on it.

This option makes it a powered scaffolding. Oh, safety police need not warn me of instant death and extreme life changing liability because I have common sense and don't loan my stuff to dumb-asses.

It is tough to find how they are doing this on their web site but you can find many pictures with it on the front. This video shows the Skid Steer Quick Attach plate that is mated to a 3pt Quick Hitch.

I already have one of these.
kubota-plate.jpg

I can probably attach an inexpensive Quick Hitch to it and retain full function of the trailer moving ball mount making it a dual use attachment.

Big Tool Box QC.jpg

I was hesitant when first seeing this unit because of the high price. With a front loader option I see a lot more versatility and will strongly consider a purchase.

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Well guess what. They have a front loader Quick Connect Attachment! I'm sure they will never mention the idea of using it as a man lift. In fact I'm sure they will have a safety sticker showing a slash (no) to a man riding on it.

This option makes it a powered scaffolding. Oh, safety police need not warn me of instant death and extreme life changing liability because I have common sense and don't loan my stuff to dumb-asses.

It is tough to find how they are doing this on their web site but you can find many pictures with it on the front. This video shows the Skid Steer Quick Attach plate that is mated to a 3pt Quick Hitch.

I already have one of these
. I can probably attach an inexpensive Quick Hitch to it and retain full function of the trailer moving ball mount making it a dual use attachment.

I was hesitant when first seeing this unit because of the high price. With a front loader option I see a lot more versatility and will strongly consider a purchase.
That would be a nice set up but, be advised, that the built in receiver is only rated for 50 Lbs. tongue weight.

I too, am considering buying one. Currently, they are offering free shipping and $250 off if you buy a quick hitch at the same time.

Hmmmmmmmm?

SDT

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
These things came up a while back. They are quite proud of them, but I can see them being pretty darned handy. It's obvious some guys really like them, which is great.

I've found my carry-all fits the bill for much less $$. Frame was $170 or so at TSC. Not perfect by any means (needs removable sides and tailgate), but it works and I like to make (translation...cobble up:p) things when I can.

Hindsight, I made it a little too stout/heavy for a little BX. Detracts from the payload without the loader on, I do wheelies sometimes....:eek:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
These things came up a while back. They are quite proud of them, but I can see them being pretty darned handy. It's obvious some guys really like them, which is great.

I've found my carry-all fits the bill for much less $$. Frame was $170 or so at TSC. Not perfect by any means (needs removable sides and tailgate), but it works and I like to make (translation...cobble up:p) things when I can.

Hindsight, I made it a little too stout/heavy for a little BX. Detracts from the payload without the loader on, I do wheelies sometimes....:eek:
Agreed, RCW.

As previously mentioned, the carryall that is semi-permanently attached to my 52 Ford 8N, is the most used implement that I own by far.

I bought the frame about 25 years ago for about $75.00 and built the box from 3/4" exterior plywood, reinforced in all corners by 2X2s, screwed together with drywall screws.

I use it for just about everything, including hauling tons and tons of rocks. It's FAR more useful for hauling heavy stuff than is my RTV-X1100C because I simply lower the carryall to the ground to load. Heavy rocks that I cannot lift can be rolled into the box. For those of you wondering why I did this, I had the carryall long before I had any tractor with a FEL.

In the 25+ years that I've had it, I've probably hauled 40 tons of rocks, 500-600 Lbs. at a time. I rebuilt the wooden structure about 10-12 years ago after most of the heavy lifting was done and after I had acquired tractors with FELs.

Still, I like the tool rack and may buy one.

FWIW, I have found very little use for my RTV and will likely dispose of it in the near future.

SDT

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
"FWIW, I have found very little use for my RTV and will likely dispose of it in the near future."

Just the opposite here. My wife and I are finding all sorts of uses for her Sidekick including, but not limited to spying on the neighbors and riding up town for breakfast on Sunday morning.

I suspect it will really get used this summer, up north, on our forest property.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
"FWIW, I have found very little use for my RTV and will likely dispose of it in the near future."

Just the opposite here. My wife and I are finding all sorts of uses for her Sidekick including, but not limited to spying on the neighbors and riding up town for breakfast on Sunday morning.

I suspect it will really get used this summer, up north, on our forest property.
Thank goodness you're not my neighbor... I'd have to use your Sidekick for target practice!