Upgrade for improved loader

Atomic.Chad

Dec 25, 2015
US
Hey all,

I traded in my B2301 last week for a new B2601 with the Swift-Tach loader. The new and improved loader was the main reason I traded. I don't expect the small horsepower bump to be noticeable at the PTO. Has anyone else done this? It may seem like a small or senseless upgrade, but I'm really looking forward to the improved features of the loader.

Attachments

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
Hey all,

I traded in my B2301 last week for a new B2601 with the Swift-Tach loader. The new and improved loader was the main reason I traded. I don't expect the small horsepower bump to be noticeable at the PTO. Has anyone else done this? It may seem like a small or senseless upgrade, but I'm really looking forward to the improved features of the loader.

If it has the new 4 hose manifold on the loader, you are going to grow to hate it. Kubota has tried three revisions on the set up and they still leak oil all over the tractor and ground. As well, when you get a little wear on the lock pins you will just love the slop in the loader towers. Love my tractor but less than impressed with the swift tac loader though.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm, I've yet to take the loader off my BX23S ! Actually can't think why I ever will. All my 'frontal' implements(bukt,forks,snoblo) are SSQA.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I don't expect the small horsepower bump to be noticeable at the PTO.
The engine is a little bigger capacity, you should be able to get some tasks done at slightly lower revs. I think it'll be noticeable.

It may seem like a small or senseless upgrade, but I'm really looking forward to the improved features of the loader.
Congratulations on the new tractor (when it comes). There are complaints from some about the new loader, but there seem to also be a lot of quiet people who are happy. I'm personally wanting that new loader too, that model hasn't come to NZ yet. I take my loader off every time I mow (or more accurately, I leave it off and put it on whenever I need the loader).

The loader connections are on the right side of my BX, and I park my tractor hard against the wall of my shed on that side due to space issues. It's messy and fiddly to take off and put on the loader on my BX. The new loader block would really make a difference for me. I don't particularly like the rest of the attach system (I liked the push through pins), but it'll probably work well enough for the amount of hours I put on a tractor.

Atomic.Chad

Dec 25, 2015
US
If it has the new 4 hose manifold on the loader, you are going to grow to hate it. Kubota has tried three revisions on the set up and they still leak oil all over the tractor and ground. As well, when you get a little wear on the lock pins you will just love the slop in the loader towers. Love my tractor but less than impressed with the swift tac loader though.
Wow. I hope my ownership experience is better than it sounds like yours has been. I haven't seen a lot of reviews, good or bad.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Atomic.Chad

Dec 25, 2015
US
The engine is a little bigger capacity, you should be able to get some tasks done at slightly lower revs. I think it'll be noticeable.

Congratulations on the new tractor (when it comes). There are complaints from some about the new loader, but there seem to also be a lot of quiet people who are happy. I'm personally wanting that new loader too, that model hasn't come to NZ yet. I take my loader off every time I mow (or more accurately, I leave it off and put it on whenever I need the loader).

The loader connections are on the right side of my BX, and I park my tractor hard against the wall of my shed on that side due to space issues. It's messy and fiddly to take off and put on the loader on my BX. The new loader block would really make a difference for me. I don't particularly like the rest of the attach system (I liked the push through pins), but it'll probably work well enough for the amount of hours I put on a tractor.
Thanks. Ive had the new tractor for 2 weeks now, but haven't used it much yet. I'm hoping that the few negative reviews, and fewer positive reviews means that most owners are happy with the new design. I do the same as you, install the loader when I need it. I use the loader a lot, but it's a pain to navigate around obstacles with it installed when mowing. I wasn't unhappy with the power of the 23 hp, so if there's a noticeable increase in performance, that will be an added bonus.

Atomic.Chad

Dec 25, 2015
US
hmm, I've yet to take the loader off my BX23S ! Actually can't think why I ever will. All my 'frontal' implements(bukt,forks,snoblo) are SSQA.
I take my loader off when I mow. It's easier to navigate around obstacles with it removed. It's easy enough to take off that I don't mind. I'm hoping the new design will be even easier.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I take my loader off when I mow. It's easier to navigate around obstacles with it removed.
I mowed with mine on for quite a while (on a BX, but I presume similar). Things I noticed when changing to mowing with it off:

1. If your tractor touches any part of your house, fences, landscaping or shrubs, whatever you touch will break. The loader sticks out a long way. I got sick of fixing things

2. The tractor feels massively more agile without the loader - it turns easier, and just rides nicer

3. It's really not that hard to take off. It's pretty quick with the old system, but I do always get hydraulic fluid on my fingers and have to squeeze down the side of the tractor. If I get too much fluid on my fingers it's hard to put the last couplers on - too slippery. It'll be nicer with the flat face couplers and block.

KennysNewFarm

Equipment
MX5800
Dec 28, 2017
Missouri
Here is the deal - old or new, big or small, mechanical parts wear out and need to be replaced. I have seen new parts fail out of the box and the next box last a lifetime. Congrats on the new tractor. If situations arise face them then, if not be happy and enjoy it. Very nice tractor. :)

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Here is the deal - old or new, big or small, mechanical parts wear out and need to be replaced. I have seen new parts fail out of the box and the next box last a lifetime. Congrats on the new tractor. If situations arise face them then, if not be happy and enjoy it. Very nice tractor. :)
Absolutely agree!
I bought the new BX23s over 2yrs ago, ZERO issues with the tractor or the 4-valve loader manifold.

I bought an extra 4-valve female manifold to hook up my JD54" blade onto my BX, not one single issue with leaking.

These tractors are mass produced, got to expect a bad part here or there once in awhile, it happens. Fix it and move on.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Hey all,

I upgraded my TC55DA to an M59 for the same reason. It made a huge difference in the loader capabilities as I went from 2,500lbs lift to 4,0000lbs. PTO HP is about the same so not much difference there. M59 is a lot heavier, more durable construction, slightly narrower, and more maneuverable too. No regrets.

Gene Blister

Equipment
2019 Kubota B2601, FAL LA435, Snow Blower BX2822A, Land Pride rear blade RB1572
Aug 4, 2019
Cocolalla, Idaho
Hi Chad. Welcome to the family.

I***8217;m loving the LA 435 on the B2601 - and now that snow is here, the super simple K-Connect system for the snowblower. IÂ***8217;m a novice tractor guy, anyhow, so there werenÂ***8217;t any old techniques to unlearn or old habits to break. This system rocks for the small homesteader. It gives you capabilities that make a world of projects suddenly attainable.

When learning something new, from blacksmithing to photography, I prefer to start at the primitive basics and learn the how and why of the advancing processes and technology before I go state of the art.

But when it comes to heavy-duty machines like Bessie II, I just want to do the job, not futz with the tools. The LA 435 and ancillary systems lets me get the bucket off and forks on in an instant.

Detaching the whole thing and connecting the snowblower takes only seconds once you have the appropriate cradles ready to store and retrieve them.

I did add a PatÂ***8217;s Quick Hitch to the 3-point just so I could do the lift and tilt on implements right from the seat.

I know youÂ***8217;re going to love the B2601. I really hits the sweet spots of size, maneuverability, power and adaptability for a small homestead tractor.