Hodge Stabilizers on L3800

78-79fordman

Equipment
2013 m7040hd 2013 L3800HST 1969 MF135
May 21, 2013
Gillham Ar.
Ya the one I just bought had them also not a pin kind like the hodge but a twin screw type .

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Mine have the kubota stabilizers that work like Hodges, but don't look as heavy duty.

No way I'd go back to the screw type!

78-79fordman

Equipment
May 21, 2013
Gillham Ar.
Sounds like you have the stock ones, as do I. Hodge makes a custom set that are top notch.
Ya I was planning on buying the hodge ones since there pretty much like the factory ones on the m7040 I have .

But will stick with the L3800 stock ones tell I have a problem or they make me mad . Lol

Unless there something I am really missing with the hodge ones ???

UnionMan

Equipment
M5-111HDC12, L3800 HST , RTV-X1100C, SCAG TigerCat 61" Kawi FX Motor
Aug 21, 2013
Warrenton, VA
I also have the Hodge built ones on my L3800 but they differ a bit from the picture in the first post. Is that a L3800 pictured? Mine dont have the top plate welded on with holes on it. the holes are drilled into the larger peice of steel.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
There is a helluva difference in stabilizers from Hodge and the factory screw type. Hodge's makes the impliment alot stiffer and wont wobble around as bad as the screw type. I learned that this past fall when I was doing alot of aerating. When I had the factory screw type on I could never back up with the areator down, it would walk sideways and bind up. When I stuck Hodge's on I can NOW push the areator backwards and it stays put and doesnt bind up or move sideways.

As subtle as it sounds not having to lift the areator up when backing saves me time when moving over to poke holes on the next row. I can just steer the tractor over for the next pass and keep on pushin.

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
Ya I was planning on buying the hodge ones since there pretty much like the factory ones on the m7040 I have .

But will stick with the L3800 stock ones tell I have a problem or they make me mad . Lol

Unless there something I am really missing with the hodge ones ???
I had planned to buy a set from Hodge, and I still may, but when I put the quick hitch on I don't really have to adjust them anymore unless/when they loosen up. Before the QH it was a pain to get in there to loose and tighten them up every time I wanted to change implements.

So I guess if you don't have a QH and plan to change implements often they seem like they would be the way to go. Did I see that this is going to be primarily you're wives tractor or am I thinking of someone else? If it is, she may enjoy the hodge stabilizers over the stock ones.

Just my two cents, of course.

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
I had planned to buy a set from Hodge, and I still may, but when I put the quick hitch on I don't really have to adjust them anymore unless/when they loosen up. Before the QH it was a pain to get in there to loose and tighten them up every time I wanted to change implements.

So I guess if you don't have a QH and plan to change implements often they seem like they would be the way to go. Did I see that this is going to be primarily you're wives tractor or am I thinking of someone else? If it is, she may enjoy the hodge stabilizers over the stock ones.

Just my two cents, of course.
Benhameen,

Mine are from hodge. Rock solid.

Burt

AZSahara

Equipment
B2320
Feb 26, 2014
Arizona
First thing I added to the tractor after purchase was a set of Mark Hodge's stabilizers. Top notch and beefy product. You can push the box blade backwards with nary a problem or binding. I bought a quick hitch but it's so easy to switch attachments with these stabilizers I may return the QH or sell it.

78-79fordman

Equipment
May 21, 2013
Gillham Ar.
Ok I need some now after the 45 mins to go from bushhog to tiller today . One jam nut was so tight I like to never got it loose end up stripping the eye threads so its runt . And the other side the screw cam is way to hard even with lube .

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Ok I need some now after the 45 mins to go from bushhog to tiller today . One jam nut was so tight I like to never got it loose end up stripping the eye threads so its runt . And the other side the screw cam is way to hard even with lube .
Just order a set from Hodge. I have the Kubota telescopic stabilizers and the are fine, but not as heavy as Hodges. I would never go back to the screw type!

eddiebob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680, JD 40
Mar 23, 2014
Poplarville, Mississippi
Installed the set of Hodges stabilizer bars. High quality, easy install, great guy to do business with. Adios turnbuckle and bungee cord. Looks like all of the L3800s should have come with a set of these. Do yourself a favor and get some installed. Ed B

Last edited:

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
With 8 implements that I use a lot, all with different pin widths, I reckon Hodges stabilizers save about 15 minutes a change! No fumbling about, trying to unlock/lock the jam nut to the turnbuckle, often in a pretty tight space. I pin them to hold the arms out, then again when attached. And they really hold the implement rigid! I smile a lot, with them.

Last edited: