B4200D & Rotary Mower

LiL Tugger

Equipment
B4200D, RTV500, Z121S
Jan 23, 2019
houston
Hello All,
First time post. I have been lurking here for 1 year and learning a lot of valuable information. I love seeing everyone's photos. I picked up a B4200D 1 year ago, in great mechanical shape with a front end loader. Been using it mainly for moving dead trees in the woods.

Been doing a lot of research on rotary mowers and wanted to run this by the group. Owners manual says it can handle 44" RM, I am leaning towards a Titan 1135 (42") that requires 10HP which tractor has at the PTO.

My main question is does my tractor have an Overrun clutch built into it or do i need to buy an aftermarket one and install between PTO and Driveshaft? I have read how to test if one is built in (turn 1 direction, locked in other), but tractor lives at my other property and wont be able to check until this weekend.

Does anyone see any issues with the Tractor and/or Titan 1135 that would not allow for this setup to work?

Thank you in advance,
Lil Tugger

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
My main question is does my tractor have an Overrun clutch built into it or do i need to buy an aftermarket one and install between PTO and Driveshaft?

Yes your model has an overrun clutch in it, Kubota call it a one way clutch. ;)

LiL Tugger

Equipment
B4200D, RTV500, Z121S
Jan 23, 2019
houston
Thank you for the quick response NIW. I have noticed you are a man of great knowledge when it comes to tractors.

LT