Good riddance GR2728 Snow Blower

HermTDI

Equipment
Kubota GR2120
Jan 13, 2013
Richomnd, Maine us
When I bought my GR2120 Diesel (new) its main purpose was snow removal.
I have a 225 Ft driveway and a medium sized front turn-around area in front of the garage/ house. I will say first & foremost that I have have no problems with the tractor (GR2120). The snowblower is and has been from the start a piece of junk. I have never abused or misused this unit. When I do use the snowblower I "creep" with it at a speed far slower than walking (a toddler can out pace the rate that I've used this blower). Sheer bolts I've lost track...two gear boxes (nearly $400 ea) , shaft bearings . The down time in the middle of winter and having to hire a plow man to clear my driveway while the snow blower is being repaired.

I'm fed up with the Kubota snowblower.

I just pulled the trigger on a Ventrac 4500 with a snowblower.
The problem with the Kubota snowblower and similar types are the parts they are made from. When I removed the bearings..."Made in China" they were too undersized..flimsy and weak. The same with the gear box. I pulled it apart and the gear drive innards are also poorly manufactured. Again I will say (adamantly) that I was very careful how I used this machine.
Not one time did the tractor give me a problem, even in the dead of winter.

The snowblower is an overpriced boat anchor.

mngrandson

Nov 30, 2019
Hill City, SD
Totally agree with your assessment. I too have had nothing but bad luck with my GR2728. I purchased it with the optional chute rotator and deflector. Both failed. My advice...DON’T BUY A GR2728!!! I also had a cast piece/bracket on the front end of my GR 2120 break. Both the Kubota mechanic and service manager thought it was caused from the snowblower putting extra stress on the front end of the tractor.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I`ve tried snowblowers, seem to have to work on them more than i use them. Went back to a bucket and a blade, never looked back.

GeoBx2680

Equipment
FEL, 60" mower, 60" plow, Pallet Forks, 50" snowblower Front mount
Oct 8, 2018
Mn USA
Haven't had any problems with mine other than the newspaper last winter I sucked up trying to be nice to the neighbor at the end of there driveway (they shovel) won't do that anymore.
I have the BX2816 front mount

SDKabota

Equipment
GR2120 GR2728
Sep 8, 2020
Black Hills South Dakota
Totally agree with your assessment. I too have had nothing but bad luck with my GR2728. I purchased it with the optional chute rotator and deflector. Both failed. My advice...DON’T BUY A GR2728!!! I also had a cast piece/bracket on the front end of my GR 2120 break. Both the Kubota mechanic and service manager thought it was caused from the snowblower putting extra stress on the front end of the tractor.
I’ve experienced the same issues as you, plus a problem with the driveshaft. The driveshaft came from the factory improperly manufactured...the u-joints weren’t properly aligned/centered on the shaft. This caused the shaft to wear on one side. Went to the local dealer in Rapid City for help and got the following response “sorry it’s off warranty, there is nothing we can do to help”. Brought it to the dealer in Duluth, MN and got the same response. Don’t buy a GR2728! Also, buy your Kubota products from a dealer that will at least try to make an effort to get help from the factory...especially when you can clearly see your product was clearly improperly manufactured.