Medicare Part D

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I just checked next years cost for Medicare Part D, that is the cost of prescription insurance. My cost went from $32 a month to $65, and the deductible increased from $435 to $465. Co-pays have also gone up almost double. When you check the fine print, they also have excluded the payment of chemo drugs, that you have to take if you have any cancer. I can see that these costs are going to be making it very difficult for Seniors to absorb.
I haven't checked the cost increase for the Part A & B yet, but I'll bet that it is also going out of site. I also know that every state has different rules, so these increases might not be hitting all of us old geezers!

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
It pays to shop around for Part D providers. You may be surprised in the wide variety of prices, formularies, and deductibles.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
You need to hurry and find something as the option closes December 7.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
It pays to shop around for Part D providers. You may be surprised in the wide variety of prices, formularies, and deductibles.
Not only does the cost vary from state to state but also counties have different prices. I live in what's considered a " low income " county and no zero cost plans but my sister lives in Dallas and pays zip now on an advantage plan. Nothing including 100% of her Meds that were costing her a bundle above her supplement plus no deduct from her SS ea month.

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
For those who might be looking for pro 2A help with some insurance for us older ones, AMAC has ways to help and discounts. They don't give to groups that Conservatives don't support.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Made a call to a "Medicare Broker" today, and he looked at all the plans available to me in CT, and found one that covers all my drugs (8) with 0 copay and a 0 deductible for tier 1 & 2 drugs, for $13.50 a month. Same plan for my wife, even though she will have a deductible that will be paid by month 2. She takes a very expensive medication, and after that her tier 5 drug will cost $40 a month. Right now, under the old plan, it costs about $70 a month, and the plan cost $35 a month. Makes you wonder what the true costs of drugs really are. Spent about an hour looking online to see what was available, and it was well worth the time to get a good education on costs. I learned that all the plans are alike across all insurance companies, it just depends on who you go with for the premium, which varies widely for the same coverage.

jeremyhuj

Oct 18, 2022
canada
This is a really difficult situation that you're in, and it's one that a lot of seniors will face the next year. Healthcare costs are rising, but it's especially difficult for fixed-income people. I know that it's hard to stomach such a large increase in your costs, but there are a few things you can do to try and offset the cost. First, you can check and see if you qualify for assistance programs. Several programs help seniors with the cost of healthcare, both in terms of insurance and prescriptions. You can find more information by reading about Medicare Pain Management. You may not qualify for all of them, but every little bit helps. Second, you can try to negotiate with your insurance company. If you can show that the increase in cost will be a hardship for you, they may be willing to work with you.

Last edited:

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
I can't hardly believe that they are cutting out cancer care (chemo). Thats ridiculous and just plain wrong.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
This is a 3 year old post, so whatever it is it's not new!
Oops! Guess I should have looked at the date. I'm sure its gone up a LOT since the OP.

Kind of like that dumb and dumber scene where Lloyd sees the framed moon landing newspaper.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Oops! Guess I should have looked at the date. I'm sure its gone up a LOT since the OP.

Kind of like that dumb and dumber scene where Lloyd sees the framed moon landing newspaper.
That happened on a Hollywood Movie Set! Everyone knows that was a hoax! :unsure: