L3800 and Snow Pusher

bunkydad

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800
Jul 18, 2013
Kingston NY
I was given an old 7 foot snow plow (no hydraulics) and was thinking about converting into a snow pusher. Would my L3800 be able to big enough to handle it or should I consider cutting it down to a smaller size?

L3800 with loaded rears, FEL and a rear mounted 74 inch snowblower.

Thank you

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
First off welcome to the orange, if you look around a bit in here you will find some pretty neat plow adaptions, and you have the FEL there should be no problem handling a snow plow,, if you have the quick disconnect for the FEL your good to go,,

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Too dang early for this "snow" talk! :eek::D:)

Yes 7' is what you want for that job, if it's too heavy cut down height not width. ;)

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
What is this "snow?":D (Its 111 outside here today. Yes.. we get snow most winters up here or, if not, pea-sized hail that looks like snow when it piles up. I left Chicago in '79 because of snow!)

Isn't snow a thing of the past now that our diesels are causing global warming? Wasn't this the warmest winter in recorded history? C'mon! It's proven science!

:)

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Up here, this past winter was the coldest in 80+ years.
The amount of snow was ridiculous. By the last storm there wasnt much room to bank anymore snow.

A pusher blade on fel would be a good way to go, and a blower? Oh yea!
Get it both ways. Especially if you can get some angle out of it.

bunkydad

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800
Jul 18, 2013
Kingston NY
I have to figure out the QA plate thickness and location on the plow but a quick search should be able to bring up some good examples. I hope to attach some pictures so you guys can give me suggestions.

And I agree, last year was a tough winter...long, cold and lots of snow...I want to be ready in case it happens again.

I hope to have the pusher done soon then work on a simple cab assembly for the L3800.

thanks again