Another new BX

Rosseau

Equipment
Kubota BX 23s
Sep 20, 2019
Rosseau, Ontario
New BX23S arrived last week, and already have 5 hours on it. Came with the thumb, which is handy, and 51" rear snow blower, which will be handy soon. Ordered a Piranah bar, and got some clamp on forks for the few time I will use them.
This site is a great resource and plan on using it lots going forward. Glad to see a few other Canadians on here, helps for sourcing items in Canada or getting them across the border.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
welcome , another crazy Canuck !!!
I figure when( if) I ever need a thumb I'll make one, seems easy enough. Made my own 'piranna bar' cause I didn't like the price after delivery and taxes and more taxes(HST).
Currently making a SSQA selfpowered snowblower as rear ones are too hard on my 66 year old back, front PTO driven ones means NO loader, and while Bercomac(QUE) make/sell a gas powered SSQA blower it's $7,000 PLUS 13% HST.
So far I've got less than 400 canucks and the prototype(proof of concept) works , on the bench.

Jay

Rosseau

Equipment
Kubota BX 23s
Sep 20, 2019
Rosseau, Ontario
Thanks for the welcome. Thumb was in the quoted price, and since I do lots of log work, it worked for me. I hear you about the price of the tooth bar, with taxes and shipping it was $400 US, so about 500 cdn. Ouch! But all the reviews on here made it sound like the best thing since sliced bread, and it will slice the loaf too! I looked at Tractor Attachments Canada, and their bar looked pretty good as well, and less expensive...
Good luck with the home made front blower. I have a Bercomac front blower that was on my Craftsman garden tractor that I will now try to sell when the weather turns bad, as I hope I do not need it anymore with the new blower. They are made heavy duty! I think it weighed about the same as my Craftsman! Sure needed the weights on the back.

eliot3b4

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Nov 7, 2019
Eliot, Maine
I'm looking at the BX2680 vs BX 23S. Can you tell me the difference and why you choose the 23s over the 2680?

FUSE

Equipment
B3350-B2650-Z125s-KX008-Bobcat MT100-Case/Davis TF310
May 24, 2017
North Dakota
Eliot, i had both 2680 and 23s....the 2680 did better with our tiller and trencher. If you want a backhoe the 23s is your only choice in the new bx line...if you need pto horsepower go for the 2680.

Edit: not sure if you could maybe add a woods backhoe or not to the 2680 but that maybe an option - just not one id pick

Rosseau

Equipment
Kubota BX 23s
Sep 20, 2019
Rosseau, Ontario
Eliot - same reason I chose the 23S, the backhoe. I use it almost as much as the FEL. Have 15 hours already in a few weeks, and am getting ready to take off the BH to put on the rear snowblower, as we have had snow every day in Nov here in Central Ontario. Did not really look at the B series. I think in Canada they are more expensive, but could be wrong. The BX is a great size for my place, lots of woods to drive in to get logs, etc. very easy to get around in close quarters. Looking forward to using the blower and FEL combo for the snow. If you look at GP Outdoors on youtube, you can see all the things he can do with his B, which is a lot.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
add some 'belly armour' before long treks into the woods. While they are commerically available( $$$$), I cut a piece of 'plastic' liner for dumptruck about 12 by 24 which I've yet to install...as some of that 'white' showed up here too.sigh. Now I have to finish the SSQA blower project.

Jay

Rosseau

Equipment
Kubota BX 23s
Sep 20, 2019
Rosseau, Ontario
I hear you. First thing I did was put on a skid pan from Tractor Attachments in Quebec. Lots of sticks and branches in the woods, they have even come back and poked me from the loader area and the ground. Will have to start wearing hockey shin pads and helmet - or get a cab.