Piranah bar to Canada

Rosseau

Equipment
Kubota BX 23s
Sep 20, 2019
Rosseau, Ontario
Just bought a new BX23s and looking to get a tooth bar from BXpanded. Any other users ordered one from Canada? Any issues with delivery or customs? Ready to pull the trigger but wanted to see if there would be extra costs I did not see coming.
Thanks

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
Did that and it worked fine. Just have to swallow hard on the all in cost. Love the bar and would do it again. Have to consider the tax and broker fees are about 13% depending on where you are.

Last edited:

Rosseau

Equipment
Kubota BX 23s
Sep 20, 2019
Rosseau, Ontario
Thanks for the info. I had been looking at a Canadian company called Tractor Attachments who have a tooth bar, but the Piranah gets such rave reviews I may pay the extra for having it come from the US.
My BX arrives next week. I have some digging and brush work waiting for it.

Rosseau

Equipment
Kubota BX 23s
Sep 20, 2019
Rosseau, Ontario
Thanks Skypros - just saw your message after I posted. Yes, they seem like a good outfit, and no customs to get items in Canada. Looking at their version of a skid plate for the BX.
Did you get one for your 23s?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Just remember you'll have to pay 13% on top of the price and shipping and 'handling fees'...... so you'll need at least 500 Canucks to get one to your door.
My BX23S has 7 5/8" along the btm of the bucket,so I made a bar from scrap steel. It works great at fluffing mulch and topsoil and a LOT cheaper than 'commercial' ones.

Rosseau

Equipment
Kubota BX 23s
Sep 20, 2019
Rosseau, Ontario
The joys of living in Canada. I thought that with NAFTA there would be no duty as they are made in the US. I guess broker fees are to tell us that there is no duty.

rlcotter

Equipment
BX23S Cab;3pt Blade;HLA Snow Pusher;BX Armour;HLA Fork;Ratchet Rake, Snow Edge
Mar 24, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Hi Rosseau.

I live about an hour east of Toronto. Ordered the Backhoe Dolly on September 5th and it arrived September 11th by 10 am. Put the wheels on and had the BH in place by noon. I paid $179 for the dolly and the final USD cost with shipping, Brokerage, and taxes was $272. Carrier was FedEx Ground. There is a cost for shipping and getting it across the border but at the end of the day, I am very happy with the quality and service. I have also purchased the loader dolly, skid plate and the fork attachments (4 of them - used them like a pitch fork for picking up brush). Good luck with your BX23S!

Best regards, Les

Rosseau

Equipment
Kubota BX 23s
Sep 20, 2019
Rosseau, Ontario
That's fast delivery. How are you finding the ratchet rake? I had been looking at it as well as the tooth bar. Looks like you are a good customer for BXpanded! Did they charge you all the fees, or did you have to wait to see what FedEx charged when you got the items?

rlcotter

Equipment
BX23S Cab;3pt Blade;HLA Snow Pusher;BX Armour;HLA Fork;Ratchet Rake, Snow Edge
Mar 24, 2016
Ontario, Canada
They were great to expedite the shipment for me. I had a trip planned and a limited window to receive the dolly; and they came through for me. Bxpanded handled the whole deal. Paid them for looking after the taxes, duty, shipping. Just placed the order, gave them my credit card and less than a week later, it was here.

I have used the ratchet rake a lot. I do not have the tooth bar, and I think it would work about the same for "raking" but if I had could go back and do it again, I would just get the tooth bar.

One thing I have been looking at is the Land Pride SPL0560 Snow Pusher. I have been using the loader with a 60 inch blade on the back and I am tired of doing most of the work looking backwards. Still thinking about that one....$1000 CND at local dealer here. I also have the Curtis Cab and I am looking forward to being out of the weather this winter.

Rosseau

Equipment
Kubota BX 23s
Sep 20, 2019
Rosseau, Ontario
Thanks for the update on the shipping and customs, etc. I will talk to them this week about getting the tooth bar. I think it will be better than the rake for my purposes - brush, digging and gravel drive. Plus some have said it's good on ice in the winter. I ordered a rear blower, so will be looking backwards a lot!