LED lights on ROP using click bond on an L3700SU

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Greetings Orange people,

Here is a you tube I just made regarding the installation of LED lights on a ROP using a product called Click Bond.

There are no holes in the ROP as a result.

I got this idea from another OTT guy that used u-bolts and then channel to install the same lights on his tractor. I like the idea of not penetrating the ROP metal and then found Click Bond. www.clickbond.com/

Here despite my first video ever, is the installation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l7k3ScZxj0

Burt

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
Wow, that stuff must be very strong as there is a lot of shaking and vibration at the top of the ROPS.
If it works for you I am buying some!

I have a lot of woods and trees I work around so my lights are on the under side to avoid getting damaged or ripped off by branches.

Burt

Equipment
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Wow, that stuff must be very strong as there is a lot of shaking and vibration at the top of the ROPS.

I have a lot of woods and trees I work around so my lights are on the under side to avoid getting damaged or ripped off by branches.
Yes, I agree that under the ROP is also a good place. So is the top, however, I found that putting them lower might catch my head in the lights and obstruct them. I powered them first to check their direction, then installed them.

Thanks for your comment.

Burt

Burt

Equipment
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA

Yes, powerful strong stuff. After all, you life probably depended on it if you flew in a commercial airplane.

Check out Click Bond's site. It is primarily engineering oriented, so I suggest calling the factory to get the local rep's phone number and having a discussion with him to determine your needs.

My connectors are 1/4" studs.

Burt

Burt

Equipment
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA

Quazz,

I did get a recommendation from a factory rep of a place to try to get some click bond. Here's the site: Electricalhub.com

I checked their website and they do have it.

Be sure to measure the base of what you are installing carefully and match the click bond diameter to fit prior to purchase.

Burt

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
Thanks Burt! I already checked out the Quick Bond site.
I NEED some Quick Bond! lol

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Burt,
One neat trick I found that works great in tool boxes is outdoor carpeting, cuts down on rattle and keeps tools and parts from getting aluminum rubbed. I just cut the carpet to fit in one piece bottom and up all 4 sides, and use a little spray glue to hold it in place. ;)

Burt

Equipment
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Burt,
One neat trick I found that works great in tool boxes is outdoor carpeting, cuts down on rattle and keeps tools and parts from getting aluminum rubbed. I just cut the carpet to fit in one piece bottom and up all 4 sides, and use a little spray glue to hold it in place. ;)
NIW:

Thanks for the tip! I have some carpet that I'll use for that purpose. Good idea!

Burt

TxDoc

Lifetime Member

Equipment
ZG227
Apr 19, 2013
Texas
Very nice custom lighting result. Gonna have to try some Click Bond.

Just a question, definitely not a criticism. If you mount the lights on the underside of the ROPS, so the ROPS is actually the highest point, would the lights/wires have better protection from limbs and obstacles. Or will that position have the lights too low for the proper effect?

( Bear in mind, I am asking this while I have a 40 inch LED light bar on top of a roof of a Yamaha Rhino. I just have to be careful!)

Good work, good result! :)
on edit-work in the shop always goes better with your dog napping alongside :)

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Click Bond is a great product. A company rep gave me two boxes of it last year to try and I was hooked. I've used it in many applications including the BX and 5740 Grand L. I used it to install the 3rd function hoses on the BX and also to mount a fire extinguisher on the ROPS of the BX.

http://youtu.be/v7aYYuWIh_8

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I see things must be slowing up a tad in the shop, yeah like that ever happens huh,,lol,, good to see you popping in again my friend:D

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
I see things must be slowing up a tad in the shop, yeah like that ever happens huh,,lol,, good to see you popping in again my friend:D
Oh man. You should see it outside this morning. The lot is full. It's going to be a loooong day. Just take note of the time I replied to this thread in my first post.
Keep well buddy.

Burt

Equipment
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA

Quazz,

I just found this short you tube video on Click Bond...a Hammer test! Check it out if you don't think this stuff is strong!

Plus, I notice some other OTT contributors found some other sources for Click Bond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EfHAccRW0PQ

Burt