3 point lift arms not high enough

bfwaits

Equipment
L3200 HST, LA 524 FEL, Land Pride 72" box
Nov 25, 2013
El Dorado, Ca
I have a new L3200. I have a box scraper on it. When I move the 3 point lever to the raised position, the box only lifts 6" off the ground. It hits constantly when driving around the property. The 6" is when on level ground with the box level. It won't even go high enough to remove the scarifers. For reference on the lever position, highest point is position number 9, and the box hits the ground at position number 7. Thank you in advance for your help!

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Something is wrong, :( but for immediate help, change the pin location of the side links to the draft arms,(use highest pin hole location) and put the top link in the bottom hole of the 3 pin locations on the tractor. That should get the implement up quite a bit higher until the 3pt problem is corrected. ;)

bfwaits

Equipment
Nov 25, 2013
El Dorado, Ca
I figured it out. Yes, I have a hydraulic top and tilt. The problem was there is a connector rod attached to the lift arms under the seat. Apparently this is adjustable and has a nut on each ride you can mode to adjust where the high point of the lift is. Box moves 24" plus now. I will take a picture when I get back home. Surprisingly the manual says nothing about this.

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
bfwaits
The adjustment you refer to is the 3 pt "feedback rod". With 3 pt fully raised be sure that hyd relief valve isn't by-passing making a hissing sound. Also if your tractor has multiple center link attaching holes the lower hole will give more rear lift.

Last edited:

bfwaits

Equipment
Nov 25, 2013
El Dorado, Ca
bfwaits
The adjustment you refer to is the 3 pt "feedback rod". With 3 pt fully raised be sure that hyd relief valve isn't by-passing making a hissing sound. Also if your tractor has multiple center link attaching holes the lower hole will give more rear lift.
Great. Thank you. That is where I adjusted it to. Not sure why it wouldn't be that way from the factory

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Great. Thank you. That is where I adjusted it to. Not sure why it wouldn't be that way from the factory
With the top hole, the implement pretty much moves straight up-down. When you have it in the lower hole, it then moves in an arc and will then raise higher. For whatever reason, 3pt hitches are normally set up to raise and lower straight up-down from the dealers-factory. ;)

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
While what you say is true, in general what I said holds true. ;)
:rolleyes: As I stated it all depends on each implement and how close to industry standard spec's the implement was built. That difference really rears it's ugly head when one starts trying to use a quick hitch on different brands of equipment.