B1400 charging circuit

Ian Hill

Equipment
B1400DT with Hymari Loader, Topper, Tiller, Mole Drainer, Tipper box
Nov 16, 2009
Soham, Cambs, England
Hi Guys,

i stumbled upon this wonderful website while trawling the net looking for an answer to my electrical problem.

Ever since my I purchased my B1400DT (some two years ago) the charge light has never worked. Didn't think anything of it as the battery seemed to be charging fine.

This last month the battery has been loosing its charge, so I started diagnosing the problem. The first thing I noticed is that the regulator module has been changed at some point and is a 4 wire unit instead of a 5 wire unit shown in the wiring diagram. After tracing the wires from the module, i found two wires going to the alternator, one going directly to the battery via a connection on the switch module and finally an earth wire.

On the B1400's wiring diagram there should be a 5th wire going between the regulator and the charge module. Here I think is part of the problem.

Unfortunately the wiring diagram I have has all the colors written in Japanese, and I'm a bit suspicious of it as there are only two wires coming from the alternator on the diagram where my alternator has three wires coming from it.

What I'm wondering is if the regulator module is not in contact with the charge module and is just a standard regulator, maybe the battery has been continually overcharged.

I was wondering if anyone here can help ?.

kindest regards from wet and windy England

Ian