Thread type of hydraulic connectors

Rouschty

Equipment
B1-14
Sep 21, 2009
Luxembourg
I own a Kubota B1-14 and I intend to add a hydraulic top link to my 3pt hitch. The B1-14 comes with an auxiliary hydraulic connector on an electrically operated solenoid valve. The problem is that the thread diameter from the solenoid valve( seems to be 3/8") is far smaller than the pipe connector of the top link, so I need to find suitable adapters. Does anybody know which thread type is usually used on these small Kubota tractors.
3/8"-24 JIC or 3/8"-18 NPT/SAE or ????

Attachments

Last edited:

Swamper

Equipment
B7200HSTD RC60-72H
Nov 24, 2010
Punxsutawney, PA. USA
If I recall correctly, the ports on my B7200 were 3/8" British Straight Thread. It was an O-ring fitting. Don't know if yours is the same or not

Rouschty

Equipment
B1-14
Sep 21, 2009
Luxembourg
The outer diameter of the thread which is connected to the one quick coupling is approx. 3/8" in diameter which would come close to a 1/4" BSP thread. A 1/4" BSP thread has 28 threads per inch. However I think that the thread which I have is closer to 20 threads per inch. Due to the limited access it is quite difficult to measure with my thread gauge. I may have to remove the tank to be able to get the hydraulic elbow out.:(

Rouschty

Equipment
B1-14
Sep 21, 2009
Luxembourg
I finally took off the tank to remove the connector. Indeed it is a 1/8"-28 BSPT thread which is, as it seems commonly used in Japan (japanese JIS standards).