L295DT injector leak

carp1

Dec 24, 2015
heron, montana
Have slight leak around injector. Looks like the little copper ring/washer. It looks simple fix just unscrew injector and replace copper washer. Is there anything I am missing? (I have had simple jobs go sideways fast). Will probably do all 3. Thanks for any heads up.
Randy

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Have slight leak around injector. Looks like the little copper ring/washer. It looks simple fix just unscrew injector and replace copper washer. Is there anything I am missing? (I have had simple jobs go sideways fast). Will probably do all 3. Thanks for any heads up.
Randy
loosen / remove the lines at the injection pump to get them to move freely, you don't want to force hardened lines when you remove them from the injectors. After reinstall leave the lines loose at the injector and bleed till no bubbles. ;)

carp1

Dec 24, 2015
heron, montana
Does the injector come out as a unit by loosening the bottom part or does it come out in stages? Is there a special tool to loosen the bottom nut. Thanks again.
please excuse the picture. Ive dropped this phone so many times the camera is bad

Attachments

thepumpguysc

Aug 8, 2018
Sunny South Carolina
The inj. comes out as a unit..
Remove the steel line going from the pump to the injector.. or its ok to SLIGHTLY bend it out of the way..
Remove the TOP NUT on the injectors, that will allow u to remove the return line that's connecting all the lines together..
There a "copper" gasket UNDER that return rail.. REPLACE IT.
NOW u can use a large socket to remove the injector from the head..
Remove the injector & get'm checked while they're out..
Replace the bottom gasket in the head or it'll stick on the injector..
U CAN just try to RE-TORQUE the inj. into the head.. I think its 60Ft lbs.??

carp1

Dec 24, 2015
heron, montana
Thanks for the information. My return lines are rubber hose but there is a nut with a nozzle holding them. That will make it easier. Will finish up on this next week. The injectors seemed to work great other than a slight leak. Does the dealer check them or do I have to send them off. Thanks again. Randy

thepumpguysc

Aug 8, 2018
Sunny South Carolina
MOST send them off.. but SOME dealers have a pop tester..
Its a Dealer specific job.. U would have to call the service dept. to find out..
Its much less expensive to take them to a diesel fuel injection rebuild shop YOURSELF..
THAT WAY, your not paying a middle man.{the dealer}
A simple "freebee" job will end up costing "YOU" 100.00 if u take them to the dealer if they don't have a pop tester.
U could call & ASK THEM WHERE they send their stuff to..
Personally, I never charge for a pop test..

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Remove the TOP NUT on the injectors, that will allow u to remove the return line that's connecting all the lines together..
There a "copper" gasket UNDER that return rail.. REPLACE IT.
thepumpguysc,
There is not a copper gasket under the return fitting on these injectors, it's aluminum.

carp1, remove the top nut that will remove the hose barb return fitting, do not try and remove the aluminum washer, just use a deep socket and remove the injectors.

Sadly there isn't anyone local to us that I know of, that pop tests fuel injectors, they might be some in spokane.
But here is my logic.
By the time I spend a day and fuel to drive there, I'm better off to get new / rebuild ones.

I would say with the age of your tractor you would do well to get a new set, and they come with new sealing washers! :D

I get mine from oregon fuel injection

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Your Wrong..
I have BAGS of'm..
Careful with your tone!

I have a bag of bolt's, don't mean they fit a kubota or came off a kubota, or are what the OP has!

I'm beginning to think you have no clue what you talking about.
I've read so may responses that baffle me, it's like you've never actually seen a kubota injector or injection pump.
Have you ever worked on a kubota?
I know I have and I've removed and taken apart 100's of injectors like the OP's talking about and I've NEVER see a copper washer as a return fitting seal, not stock and not aftermarket!

Attachments

Last edited:

thepumpguysc

Aug 8, 2018
Sunny South Carolina
Wow.. Please forgive my ignorance.. "aluminum" gasket..
& they are replaceable 100%..& they ARE OEM ZEXEL..
I'm sorry your not privy to that dealer information.. but to attack someone character just because U made a "mistake" is uncalled for..
I thought we were men here discussing tractors.. not snow flakes who need their safe space..
When your right your right.. but when your wrong your wrong & I said so...
Don't take it so personal.. it happens.. even to me..

Jim Dandy

Equipment
L245DT W/Loader M8030DT L275DT
Careful with your tone!

I have a bag of bolt's, don't mean they fit a kubota or came off a kubota, or are what the OP has!

I'm beginning to think you have no clue what you talking about.
I've read so may responses that baffle me, it's like you've never actually seen a kubota injector or injection pump.
Have you ever worked on a kubota?
I know I have and I've removed and taken apart 100's of injectors like the OP's talking about and I've NEVER see a copper washer as a return fitting seal, not stock and not aftermarket!

The pump guy has brought a lot of good information to this site. I would sure hate to see that stop.
James

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Jim, I agree with the idea of someone may discontinue contributing, however if someone can't be civil in their communication (like referring to someone as a snow flake, or declaring they know more because they are privy to dealer information.) I'm not interested in what they say.

That type of communication is often typical on the TBN forum where I see the pumpguy hangs out. If one is around it enough, it becomes normal! Don't need it here.

thepumpguysc

Aug 8, 2018
Sunny South Carolina
I apologize for helping out a fellow member.. it wont happen again..
I guess everyone is at the mercy of Oregon fuel injection now..??

BTW> when u send out injectors to be repaired.. don't they come back w/ new gaskets.?? Top & Bottom.?? The answer to that question Bob is, THEY SHOULD..
Therefore they do exist..
I'll just quietly sit in my chair & read from now on..