FEL hooks

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
I still don't have the heart to drill into my bucket, so I made some 'slip-on' hooks that get fixed with a single 3/8" bolt.
BTW, a $28 item in the USofA, once xchange,shipping, HSt (13%taxes) get tallied up, it's close to $60 !
>>>>>>>>>>

Same here.....

I went the cheap route.. "D" rings from Princess Auto on sale. I also had to grit my teeth to drill holes, but did it. I bolted two on each side, one inside one on top back to back.

The D rings are rated for more than my FEL will lift. I use a pair of 4' long trailer safety chains for most lifting jobs. The chains come with hooks on both ends and are also rated for more than the FEL will lift.

A total of 4 "D" rings and straps, 2 safety chains, and bolts with nuts. All for less than $40

Everyones needs will be different.

SMKK

Equipment
B2650
Aug 22, 2019
Lachine, QC
>>>>>>>>>>

Same here.....

I went the cheap route.. "D" rings from Princess Auto on sale. I also had to grit my teeth to drill holes, but did it. I bolted two on each side, one inside one on top back to back.

The D rings are rated for more than my FEL will lift. I use a pair of 4' long trailer safety chains for most lifting jobs. The chains come with hooks on both ends and are also rated for more than the FEL will lift.

A total of 4 "D" rings and straps, 2 safety chains, and bolts with nuts. All for less than $40

Everyones needs will be different.
Any pictures of your installation or some links to what you used from PA

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
5/16” hooks is what I used.. 5/16 hooks will fit both a 5/16 Chain as well as a 3/8” and also a 1/4” chain that’s why I went with 5/16” hooks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: