Not open for further replies.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Re: Man Made Global COOLING?!

The biggest problem we have is dishonesty in reporting and print!
Even bigger is dishonesty and indoctrination in the education system which also happens to be a world wide problem.

Have you been scolded by Greta yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYxt0BeTrT8

This poor girl was just flat out indoctrinated in school and society and the adults that surrounded them are perfectly fine using a child to push the agenda. SICK!!

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN

Why dont they call it Cattle made climate change then? Or Fart made climate change?

Why do people who believe the hoax insist on driving Electric cars which are charged by coal fired power plants? Those give off lots of CO2.

Dont all humans and most animals exhale CO2? Havent they been exhaling for all of eternity? Should we make some people stop breathing out but in is OK?
Call it what ever you want, that doesn't change the reality of the effect CO2 has on the atmosphere.

By using electric vehicles, we are using a more efficiently generated power source, and as more renewable energy generation comes online, that will cause less and less CO2 emissions.
If I had the money, I would put up a solar array that would be large enough to power my home and charge an electric car.

Yes, all humans and most animals exhale CO2, the average human exhales around 2 lbs of CO2 per day, burning 1 gallon of gas creates about 20 lbs of CO2. Do the math.

My question to all who doubt man's effect on our climate is this, even if scientists are wrong about man made emissions of CO2, what have we lost if we put a at least some effort into passing on a cleaner, less polluted environment on to our children and grandchildren?
Isn't that worth a little effort on our part, or are we so lazy, self centered, ignorant and greedy that we don't give a damn what we pass on to those who will have to live with the mess we are creating?

Look at your children and ask yourself, what kind of world do you want them to live in, and what are you going to tell them if they ask why we didn't doing something about climate change when we could?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City

Another thought. If we're REALLY concerned about what we leave children and grandchildren how can we let the debt this country keeps growing continue to grow? I think that will get us before the pollution of the atmosphere.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

Like this moron that won't admit that two lines roughy track each other:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x63cknr

In case some of you missed the point the moron in question is a Trump appointee to the EPA because the career scientists that actually know something are being replaced by less qualified folks that will toe the party line. This is a small example of solid government supported programs being gutted in the cause of a political agenda.

Not sure what happened in the end, but climate related data from government supported studies and which was freely available to all scientists was being taken down because it didn't support the party line . Last I heard world scientists were trying to make sure copies existed on private servers so the information would not be lost forever.

My personal experience with government research programs, mostly health sciences and agriculture areas, is that the scientists are honest, hard working, helpful to outside researchers, and do a lot, often with minimal budgets. The NOAA website is a prime example of a wonderful service to us citizens. I am happy to have my tax dollars used for these purposes. Scientists in these workplaces are apolitical, it is (or at least was when I was involved) not part of the culture, and are in their jobs through many administrations. I think making these employees political pawns imperils good science. It sure makes me sad. This country did the best science in the world for a long time.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine

Call it what ever you want, that doesn't change the reality of the effect CO2 has on the atmosphere.

By using electric vehicles, we are using a more efficiently generated power source, and as more renewable energy generation comes online, that will cause less and less CO2 emissions.
If I had the money, I would put up a solar array that would be large enough to power my home and charge an electric car.

Yes, all humans and most animals exhale CO2, the average human exhales around 2 lbs of CO2 per day, burning 1 gallon of gas creates about 20 lbs of CO2. Do the math.

My question to all who doubt man's effect on our climate is this, even if scientists are wrong about man made emissions of CO2, what have we lost if we put a at least some effort into passing on a cleaner, less polluted environment on to our children and grandchildren?
Isn't that worth a little effort on our part, or are we so lazy, self centered, ignorant and greedy that we don't give a damn what we pass on to those who will have to live with the mess we are creating?

Look at your children and ask yourself, what kind of world do you want them to live in, and what are you going to tell them if they ask why we didn't doing something about climate change when we could?
i dont want my children to be gullible sheep.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine

In case some of you missed the point the moron in question is a Trump appointee to the EPA because the career scientists that actually know something are being replaced by less qualified folks that will toe the party line. This is a small example of solid government supported programs being gutted in the cause of a political agenda.

Not sure what happened in the end, but climate related data from government supported studies and which was freely available to all scientists was being taken down because it didn't support the party line . Last I heard world scientists were trying to make sure copies existed on private servers so the information would not be lost forever.

My personal experience with government research programs, mostly health sciences and agriculture areas, is that the scientists are honest, hard working, helpful to outside researchers, and do a lot, often with minimal budgets. The NOAA website is a prime example of a wonderful service to us citizens. I am happy to have my tax dollars used for these purposes. Scientists in these workplaces are apolitical, it is (or at least was when I was involved) not part of the culture, and are in their jobs through many administrations. I think making these employees political pawns imperils good science. It sure makes me sad. This country did the best science in the world for a long time.
I totally agree with that "moron" He was being forced to comply with the narrative outlined in that foolish chart and he pushed back.

The chart is a misleading piece of propaganda. The charts data starts at 1880 and is specifically designed to push an agenda of understanding. Its just like the lie of a HOLE in the ozone that isnt a hole that NASA pushes.

Last edited:

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL

First there is not enough data to predict the end of the earth as these drama queens want to preach. The earth has gone through countless cycles of heating and cooling. As it has already been brought up, 40 years ago the world was going to be frozen solid in very short order and yet here we are. Now we all all going to cook within 12 years according to AOC. Who commutes fro NY to Washington in a private jet.

Do I advocate a do nothing stance? No, we need to work on cleaning all parts of the environment. And yet these spokesmen that claim to want everyone else to conserve and cut their energy use while they continue to live a non-conservative life style. Al Gore's "20-room mansion (not including 8 bathrooms) heated by natural gas. Add on a pool (and a pool house) and a separate guest house all heated by gas. In ONE MONTH ALONE this mansion consumes more energy than the average American household in an ENTIRE YEAR. The average bill for electricity and natural gas runs over $2,400.00 per month. In natural gas alone (which last time we checked was a fossil fuel), this property consumes more than 20 times the national average for an American home. This house is not in a northern or Midwestern ***8220;snow belt,***8221; either. It***8217;s in the South."

Look at Greta,the spokesperson child that is sailing across the Atlantic and refuses to fly in a jet. That boat was not built with environmentally materials I am sure. But the show that it projects makes it OK to build and use. And used for a trip that was not required. She could have communicated via a computer feed.

And look at the gasoline that were are required to use in the cars. The ethanol that is mixed into the fuel make the exhaust gasses cleaner but at what cost? The land that produces the corn, ethanol's main source, has force the price of food to increase for every one while using great quantities of water that is in short supply in many areas.
The ethanol production requires great amounts of water and the corn production uses water that could be used to grow other food stuffs. In addition to the costs of machines that have been damaged by the ethanol in the gasoline.

"By using electric vehicles, we are using a more efficiently generated power source, and as more renewable energy generation comes online, that will cause less and less CO2 emissions.
If I had the money, I would put up a solar array that would be large enough to power my home and charge an electric car."

Electric cars are another interesting problem. Yes the electric is produced in a central location. But other problems come in to the equation. What do the wastes that are produced by the lightweight materials that are used in the cars production do to the earth. What are the costs of production of lithium for the batteries?

Have you seen the solar farms that are spreading all over FL? 500 acres and larger areas reduced to blackish solar panels that generate tremendous amounts of heat energy. And the issues of the giant wind turbines are numerous also.

And more and more.....

I think it is time to turn off my lights and sit in the dark as I wait for the end of the earth.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada

The solution to the 'CO2' problem is to plant trees. Mixed species an dmillions of them. It's a cheap, simple solution that elimnates theh CO2 from the air, no matter how much we humans create.
Kinda 'funny' that 'they' don't consider the Co2 and othe rgases coming out of volcanos 24/7/365....hmmmmmm, guess if it's not man made CO2 , it doesn't count ??
If I had the money, I'd put a nuke in my basement. LOTS of energy for longer than I'll live.If I was 1/2 my 66 years, I'd install geothermal. Super cheap heat and electricity far less than the 25C/KwH I pay now.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN

i dont want my children to be gullible sheep.
Nor do I. I hope they grow up to be educated, intelligent, and critical thinking adults.

But, you didn't answer my question, what would you tell them?

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN

The solution to the 'CO2' problem is to plant trees. Mixed species an dmillions of them. It's a cheap, simple solution that elimnates theh CO2 from the air, no matter how much we humans create.
Kinda 'funny' that 'they' don't consider the Co2 and othe rgases coming out of volcanos 24/7/365....hmmmmmm, guess if it's not man made CO2 , it doesn't count ??
Planting trees will help, God only knows how many billions we have cut down in the past couple of centuries, but that doesn't address the problem of reducing the amount of CO2 we release by burning fossil fuels.

According to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), the world's volcanoes, both on land and undersea, generate about 200 million tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) annually, while our automotive and industrial activities cause some 24 billion tons of CO2 emissions every year worldwide.
So we humans generate over 200 times more CO2 than all the volcanoes.

24 billion tons is about what the atmosphere weighs in a space 28 miles square (800 square miles) up to the top of the atmosphere, about 60 miles.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019

40 trees eliminate 1 ton of CO2 from the air every year. They inhale CO2 and exhale O2, so the CO2 is gone. Mankind inhales the O2 and produces CO2, at a rate of 3 billion tons a year...
As for who produces more CO2, man or the Earth, the numbers are all over the place(probably depends on who is paying your salary.....)
My point about planting trees is valid however, they ELIMINATE the airborne CO2. Yup, take more than 1 or 2 'arbour days' of planting BUT it could be done. Heck China eliminate flies along time ago.. the edict was spoken, the flies were killed.
Easy to reduce fossil fuel use, build more nukes. Clean,steady state power. You still need 'some' type of power plant for 'demand' use though.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019

sadly thousands...
https://arlweb.msha.gov/stats/centurystats/coalstats.asp
that's ONLY the USA, would need time to locate Worldwide stats and China, well, they don't publish stats....

No CDN CANDU nuke has ever gone bad( can't...). Nukes are the ONLY viable current replacement for fossil fuels, though they are a 'steady state machine'. IE they'll churn out xxx megawatts 24/7 but cannot 'ramp up fast' to meet 'demand use' ( like everyone cooking and turning lights on and A/Cs all at the same time. THAT is why coal or NG or hydro is needed.
The other alternative would be geothermal. I'd have that IF I was going to live another 20 years.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014

No matter what man does there will be consequences. Folks think windmills solve the problem. The wind blows and power is generated. Being on site of one will disclose the noise, and destruction during assembly. The ground around is often left void of any farming production because of the buried lines to transmit the power.

And then the blades have to be disposed of, but the state of Wyoming is profiting from that problem. https://cowboystatedaily.com/2019/08/07/wind-turbine-blades-being-disposed-of-in-casper-landfill/

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
Last edited by a moderator:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

No matter what man does there will be consequences. Folks think windmills solve the problem. The wind blows and power is generated. Being on site of one will disclose the noise, and destruction during assembly. The ground around is often left void of any farming production because of the buried lines to transmit the power.

And then the blades have to be disposed of, but the state of Wyoming is profiting from that problem. https://cowboystatedaily.com/2019/08/07/wind-turbine-blades-being-disposed-of-in-casper-landfill/

To quote the famous bard, there is no such thing as a free lunch.

Just have to decide which one costs the least! :D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa

A total of about 40 people dead since nuclear reactors came into existence based on your link. How many coal miners have died since then?
To be honest none ever died on my watch, and that watch was 37 years. True mining is very dangerous. However if a coal fired generator goes south, you might kill some people yes. Coal smoke can and is cleaned removing almost all of the particulates from the smoke and the smoke is re burned, think Gasification. The SMOKE people see rising from those huge towers is not smoke at all but steam from the cooling system that steam also scrubs the smoke, whats left of it. And truly when is the last time you heard of a coal,gas or oil generator going south?

However a nuke goes south and you kill generations yet to come. A look to Japan, radiation is being found from that plant, where none has ever been found before. And I dont even want to talk about the Chernobyl Disaster.

Energy manufacturing is a trade off, and thus one must pick the lesser of the two evils, mine is coal thank you very much

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

To quote the famous bard, there is no such thing as a free lunch.

Just have to decide which one costs the least! :D
And which one is easiest to swallow ;)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014

I live near a coal fired generating station. About 8 years ago there was a great declaration of the disadvantages of coal, being pollution. Politicians were really speaking out about shutting down all use of coal.

As this debate was going on this plant went through a complete renovation. They removed two 600' smoke stacks and replaced with one, and made more efficient.

The railroad haul in about 122 cars of coal each day for use here.

My question is how can a company spend millions of dollars rebuilding a coal fired plant when the gov't is wanting no use of coal? Who is lying to who?

Status
Not open for further replies.