Not open for further replies.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Re: Man Made Global COOLING?!

Was in the 70s here on Sunday. Monday and Tuesday into the 40s, down to 21 last night. Don’t like it! Will be back to 70s next week though ;)

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA

The Original poster must be a youngster. :)
I am old enough to remember:
*) GLOBAL ICE-AGE in the 1970s
*) HOLE IN THE OZONE in the 1980s
*) GLOBAL WARMING in the 1990s
*) CLIMATE CHANGE

As each one became debunked... they thought-up a new crisis to take its place.

I am looking forward to the next "crisis" they try to push on the weak-minded.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine

The Original poster must be a youngster. :)
I am old enough to remember:
*) GLOBAL ICE-AGE in the 1970s
*) HOLE IN THE OZONE in the 1980s
*) GLOBAL WARMING in the 1990s
*) CLIMATE CHANGE

As each one became debunked... they thought-up a new crisis to take its place.

I am looking forward to the next "crisis" they try to push on the weak-minded.
im younger than most here probably but yeah I remember most of those hoaxes being pushed on me which is why im making fun of them with this thread.

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY

-1F. here this morning at 6 AM . Its gotta be Global Warming, ask AOC she'll tell ya!

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States

When did man made global cooling become a thing?

It was 10 degrees last night and a high of 24 degrees here in Maine, Jobsite is froze up so not working there today. Its come way too early.

What happened? Was looking forward to things getting warmer!!!
Follow the money !
Longview , Texas near me had a new record low for this day. Got down to 19 breaking the 1907 record of 20. One of my sisters lives near Grand Saline & it was 18 there this morning. It must a a polar shift :rolleyes: or Trumps fault.
There is lower than normal sunspot activity and it's been ignored by the sky is falling crowd. There is some kind of 11 year cycle from minimum spots to maximum but it's doing something wierd . The minimum has lasted way longer than ever & no explanations.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont

Antarctic ICE extent was at a record MINIMUM when the 'Coming ice age" was foisted on us. I was younger then, but I was skeptical. ;-)

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada

In Mid September, the MS MALMAT(sp) got TOTALLY stuck in ice in the North Atlantic/ Arctic Ocean. 16 Climate Scientists had to be choppered out and ice breaker sent in to get tow the ship out...
Yup, 'Global Warming'...it's here......NOT

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN

In Mid September, the MS MALMAT(sp) got TOTALLY stuck in ice in the North Atlantic/ Arctic Ocean. 16 Climate Scientists had to be choppered out and ice breaker sent in to get tow the ship out...
You need to research the difference between weather and climate.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

Just because something is complex and difficult to understand doesn't mean it is a hoax.

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN

Just because something is complex and difficult to understand doesn't mean it is a hoax.
Right!

If it requires a little research into what the experts are saying and exercising some critical thinking skills, too many people think it's easier to go into denial and believe the shills and conspiracy theories. They are afraid that changing their habits and supporting changes to our effect on the environment because it might inconvenience them a little bit. The legacy of our ignorance, greed and politicizing climate change is going to make things very difficult for future generations, our children and grandchildren.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN

Ships have gotten trapped in the ice packs in the Arctic and Antarctic ever since ships began exploring those areas.

So, just because this one had climate scientists onboard disproves climate change?

How about the other scores of ships that were trapped in the ice over the centuries?

So, if a plane with aeronautical engineers onboard crashed, that would prove airplanes can't fly?

Just interested in your chain of reasoning.

FYI, last year average global temperatures were the warmest on record.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho all had year around glaciers, documented back many many years by indian and global explorers.

These glaciers revealed that they were 7000 years old, they started to rapidly melt in the 70's and today there are only a handful in Montana and they are rapidly disappearing.

To me proof is in the pictures.

https://www.nps.gov/glac/learn/nature/melting-glaciers.htm

I sat on glaciers when I was a kid that no longer exist.

Man made cooling, bring it on!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City

Here's some interesting reading. The problem seems to me, at least, the science community keeps stomping on their own toes. The keep telling us "facts" that later turn out to not be truths! Soon their reliability is near zero. I remember in the '70's US News and World Report had headlines of the next ice age is on the way. In 30 years we won't be able to survive.

https://skepticalscience.com/ice-age-predictions-in-1970s-intermediate.htm

And if you go to this link you can see what was printed back then. https://www.johnlocke.org/update/cl...next-ice-age-is-on-its-way-within-a-lifetime/

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

Here's some interesting reading. The problem seems to me, at least, the science community keeps stomping on their own toes. The keep telling us "facts" that later turn out to not be truths! Soon their reliability is near zero. I remember in the '70's US News and World Report had headlines of the next ice age is on the way. In 30 years we won't be able to survive.

https://skepticalscience.com/ice-age-predictions-in-1970s-intermediate.htm

And if you go to this link you can see what was printed back then. https://www.johnlocke.org/update/cl...next-ice-age-is-on-its-way-within-a-lifetime/

D2 the biggest problem is not usually the scientists, but those people who "interpret" glorify, and embellish their data. The original papers typically tell what the limitations are in the models, but that information jessentially never makes it to places like News and World Report. And lord help us the politicians.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine

D2 the biggest problem is not usually the scientists, but those people who "interpret" glorify, and embellish their data. The original papers typically tell what the limitations are in the models, but that information jessentially never makes it to places like News and World Report. And lord help us the politicians.

Actually, the problem are LIES told to us rather than truths. This makes it hard to decipher whats real and whats a lie.

For Example: The HOLE in the ozone layer isnt a hole at all just a thinning however it has always been presented as a HOLE rather than a thin spot for a specific reason- FEAR. With Fear comes an emotional response from a large segment of the population and therefore "change". Its a LIE and its funded by the Government.

Dont believe me? Look at this NASA website for yourself. They go on to talk about a HOLE many times but on the very same page, present data that does not show a hole at all.
https://ozonewatch.gsfc.nasa.gov/

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

I don't find the terminology scary, and the website you link goes on to define what they mean. Anybody that has even the fuzziest idea of what the atmosphere is would understand that you can't make a hole in it like a hole in a sock. Afraid I don't have much sympathy for folks that didn't pay attention in school.

Status
Not open for further replies.