Minnesota, US
I love snow!!!!!!!

We just got about an inch of snow. Can't wait to get home and plow!!:):D

bluedunn

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, MMM, Heavy Hitch Back Plow Blade
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
I'm jealous. I spent the weekend prepping my BX for it's first time in the snow only to end up with about 1/2" of snow...just not enough to do anything with. I was kidding (kind of) with my wife that I'd just get home and start shoveling snow into the driveway so I could then plow it back out.

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
I'm jealous. I spent the weekend prepping my BX for it's first time in the snow only to end up with about 1/2" of snow...just not enough to do anything with. I was kidding (kind of) with my wife that I'd just get home and start shoveling snow into the driveway so I could then plow it back out.

Lmao! I hear ya! When I first bought by used bx it only came with a belly mower, I saved up my money and purchased the brand new LA340 loader for it just in time before winter and the first time it snowed it was like 1” or less and I was out there plowing like it was a life or death situation just so I could try the thing out haha.

Don’t worry man you’ll get snow soon enough! Happy tractoring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
congrats on that snow present :) nice pile of it

I wondered watching the video why is the bucket off ... backing out explained it the door is darn tight isn't it . :eek:

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
You did a good job of keep the bucket level and not tearing up whatever is under the snow too much.

Take a look at Edge Tamers if your going to use the loader a lot to clear snow. I don’t get enough snow to make it worth the $ to get a blower or plow, so I use the loader too, but with the Edge Tamers so my driveway doesn’t get messed up.

Once every few years we get hit big, like 36” of heavy snow. In that case, the loader is the way to go. Otherwise a plow or blower is better.

In a 18” heavy snow my neighbor tried his box store JD with a plow. Came out of the garage, blade down, stopped dead after 6”. I pushed it off with my loader, didn’t even spin a tire.

In the winter I use the snow to clean my garage floor. I dump a bucket of snow in each space spread it around and sweep it out with a broom, comes out squeaky clean. That wouldn’t work so well with a blower or plow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

charleneandrich

Dec 9, 2018
Tiverton
Here on the coast our snow is often wet and sometimes just slush. My little BX1500 with a front blade does really well on my 400’ driveway. I have to get after it at about 6” though. Higher amounts are a challenge. I don’t mind though, because when it snows a foot I get to plow twice! It’s amazing how big a pile I can make with that little machine!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Birdadly

Sep 28, 2019
Wisconsin
Thanks for the video. I’m new to tractors and plowing, and this week I got to learn (practice) on the fly. Maybe 4” or so, asphalt drive with the FEL. First time using it.

Beex commented on your leveling ability... I did NOT have that, lol. Still learning how much i should try to scrape the asphalt, or hover a bit, or what. Maybe i need a bucket level indicator, dunno. I’ll be looking for more videos to watch. I did it in the dark after work, and leave for and return from work in the dark... so tomorrow I’ll see what kind of damage i did. I know i tore up some lawn at the least :)

Well thanks again. I subscribed so i can keep an eye out for more BX vids. Mine’s just a little 1880. It was fun, yet a bit intimidating the other night. I used to shovel or push behind snow blow... so quite a change. -Brad

RyanG

Equipment
2019 Kubota BX2380, 60"mmm, FEL. 2018 JD X390, 54"mmm (for sale)
Sep 17, 2019
Fleetwood