What's cookin' boys?

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
We make them all the time too she uses a hand masher and I love them.

These are “mashed potato” squash. Never heard of them until last week.
Steamed/Roasted first, then mashed with the roasted garlic that I put in oven in a little foil packet.
I didn’t get a picture of the final product until after supper....
Holy smokes...they were excellent!!
They taste like garlic mashed potatoes. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Turf night.

Grilled blackened fresh crappie on the halfshell, grilled shrimps, mashed taters, green beans (with olive oil and a little bit of chicken broth in it), and some Sister Schubert's dinner rolls. Nobody here but the cat to help me enjoy it, but it sure is good, I mean awesome. The cat likes it too well all but the green beans.

After eating fried crappie all my life (and catfish, bass, walleye, trout, etc) and now trying the grilling technique, I'm not sure I'll ever go back to fried fish. OMG it is delicious!

Last edited:

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Someone mentioned ingenious cooking devices....

My brother is the chef of the family. He does a smoked wild turkey every thanksgiving. My girlfriend usually comes over and helps us eat on it.

Well the turkey-bird is smoked in an old air compressor tank that he got outta the landfill, using pecan from the tree that he cut down behind the shop, that is soaked in his nasty old pond for a few weeks prior. It sounds horrible but it tastes absolutely delicious. Nice and moist with just a hint of a smoky flavor in the turkey-bird.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Wow that sounds so good :D

Turf night.

Grilled blackened fresh crappie on the halfshell, grilled shrimps, mashed taters, green beans (with olive oil and a little bit of chicken broth in it), and some Sister Schubert's dinner rolls. Nobody here but the cat to help me enjoy it, but it sure is good, I mean awesome. The cat likes it too well all but the green beans.

After eating fried crappie all my life (and catfish, bass, walleye, trout, etc) and now trying the grilling technique, I'm not sure I'll ever go back to fried fish. OMG it is delicious!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Grilled blackened fresh crappie on the halfshell, grilled shrimps, mashed taters, green beans (with olive oil and a little bit of chicken broth in it)
turkey-bird is smoked in an old air compressor tank that he got outta the landfill, using pecan from the tree that he cut down behind the shop, that is soaked in his nasty old pond for a few weeks prior.
They both sound great!

The pecan soaking in the pond isn't an issue as long as the smoke gets to a killing temperature for nasty bugs. Bet it adds a nice flavor.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

Got the gumbo started for tonight.

Also made my homemade pasta sauce to stock up the freezer. Lasagna on the menu tomorrow.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Got the gumbo started for tonight.

Also made my homemade pasta sauce to stock up the freezer. Lasagna on the menu tomorrow.
Gumbo looks great so far! 17 degrees here this morning; gumbo sounds good right now. Don't see it often up here.

Gumbo and lasagna.....now that's an interesting combination for a weekend. But hell, I'm thinking Asian spicy beef tonight and chicken or veal parmigiana with linguini fini tomorrow.....keeps the taste buds lively!:D

Enjoy - bet it'll be great! :cool:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Ribeye steaks, asparagus, and baked taters. And maybe a cold brew with it as well :cool: :D :)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Daren - send one medium rare my way![emoji12]

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
This is a combination "what's cookin'", and "you might be from a small town if.."

As Daren can attest, we live in a very rural area.

I was at the grocery store this morning. While checking out, a woman employee I don't know walks up and asks "what's for supper?!?":eek::confused:

She then tells the young girls working my line "he's an excellent cook, can make about anything...real gourmet...I'm always tempted to walk over to eat...!!!":eek:

Apparently, she's friends with my wife on Facebook, and my wife is known for posting pictures of my/our creations on Facebook.

Don't have the foggiest idea who she is.....but she must live nearby...!:confused:

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
This is opposite of small town....

One of our daughters lives in Old City Philadelphia just down the street from the Liberty Bell.

Went to visit last weekend. Took a walk to Reading Terminal and the Italian Market for food supplies, and the Old Man whipped up supper in their apartment kitchen.

Was kinda cool; very, very simple and relaxed. Didn’t have to fight crowds at the restaurants.

Sambal and scampi shrimp (U-6’s and 10-15’s), broiled scallops, raviolis, etc...good stuff!!![emoji3]

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Nuttin but biscuits and gravy this morning... Although I might get out the dutch oven and make up a batch of chicken stew,,, everything is better cooked in black iron,,lol

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Although I might get out the dutch oven and make up a batch of chicken stew,,, everything is better cooked in black iron,,lol

Skeets - I’m thinking stew in black iron too.....but with a little help from this guy....he tastes great!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
RCW,, oh yeah!! and a couple cans of Guinness in the pot and slow and low for a couple hours,,, now that is fine dinning