Dealer Advice Brand New BX Oil Leak

02bx22

Jan 7, 2016
Carroll County Maryland
Last fall I had a BX2670 that went in for service because it had an oil leak that had coated the entire perimeter of the pan, and then finally began to drip. It was approaching a little over 100 hours and 2 years old. The dealer wiped it off and said they could not recreate the leak and sent it home. I was very annoyed it went in covered in oil, and my warranty was expiring over winter.

So i traded it in because I like the new BX2680 anyway. Well i only put 11 hours on this new one before winter. The antifreeze seems to keep lowering so i topped it off twice hoping it is purging air from the system.

The dealer came out to put a recall cap on the intake hose and now we have found that this one dropped a puddle of oil with 11 hours.

Not very happy at that point I took this one back and after several phone calls with the dealer, and they put 7 more hours on a tractor that only had 11, once again they say they cannot mimic the oil leak even though it went in with oil down the side. I called the Kubota customer service they took note but not much can do. So i stated to the dealer i have done this twice so I need to know the exact process you want me to do at my home if I spot oil, since the current process isn't working. Do you come out to my house, do I shut it off in the yard. How do I handle.

They said to document it and repeated they cant fix what they cant mimic. So whatever i go to pick it up and open hood and there is oil all over the side of the oil pan. I ask the service guy how this is considered not mimicking an oil leak and he looks at me and says i am so sorry my mechanic says there was not an oil leak. At this point I say did the mechanic wipe this off to even observe a leak. Or was this never wiped off in which there is something very bad going on here. The owner comes out and says basically "we cant do anything if cant mimic". I run my hand under it come up with oil and say how is this not a leak on 11 hours.

He says "OH!" Oops we will take care of it. But at this point i have no trust in either one of these dealerships under this same owner. Today i am sitting here thinking i have no trust.

It can be a little sickening thinking i cannot get these $14000 tractors to simply mow grass. Does anyone have any advice of what control i have over this situation??

By the way i have a 2002 bx22 with 1000 hours so not a rookie to these.

Last edited:

Cobraone

Equipment
B2650, G1800 FWS, B2782B snow blower, RC48G20 mower deck
Jan 27, 2018
Boyne City, Michigan
Not too impressed with my local Kubota dealer either, I was looking for a new B2650 and the salesman wouldn***8217;t even walk outside to show me the tractor, then I offered to purchase it for cash and wouldn***8217;t offer any discount for cash sale. I drove over 300 miles round trip to purchase from a dealership that cares. Understand your frustrations. Just a quick question, could the tractor oil level be over serviced? Could the oil be coming out of the breather? Just a thought

rogerwh0825

Equipment
BX2660
Nov 14, 2017
Havana, Fl. US
Not much help on getting it fixed. However, you need to make sure you keep all documentation and document everything you see at home. If you see oil, call the dealer.

Had a Dodge van back in the day and it would intermittently leak transmission fluid. Dealer 'could not recreate" the problem. Took it in three times, no resolution. About 8,000 miles after warranty the tranny finally dumped on me. Had to argue a bit but since I had records of complaining something was wrong with it they covered the repair.

Grouse09

Equipment
B2650 Cab, snowblower, FEL, brush hog
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
Not too impressed with my local Kubota dealer either, I was looking for a new B2650 and the salesman wouldn***8217;t even walk outside to show me the tractor, then I offered to purchase it for cash and wouldn***8217;t offer any discount for cash sale. I drove over 300 miles round trip to purchase from a dealership that cares. Understand your frustrations. Just a quick question, could the tractor oil level be over serviced? Could the oil be coming out of the breather? Just a thought

Eek! Hope your not talking about our local dealership. Was hoping for a third function/grapple sale from them this Autumn instead of heading South for one. Will test the waters with a filter parts package purchase to get a “sensing”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
Sorry for having to deal with incompetent people. The world is full of them when you don't need them. For leaks that I've had a hard time finding I have put in a florescent die. This is something to mention to the dealer. The problem might be that you need a black light to see the now leaking die and it may take some time for your tractor to start leaking. Just a thought.