B6000 clutch problem

todddrummey

Equipment
B6000
May 21, 2009
falmouth, ma
The clutch will not disengage completely. I have adjusted the linkage to maximum lenght, but there is still way to much freeplay in the pedal. I do not have any strange noises as mentioned in your video. When in gear, there is no slippage that I have noticed.

I had the clutch replaced years ago by a dealer. They installed the throwout bearing backwards. I installed a new one, and it has been OK since then, but there was a lot of freeplay. Now it has reached the point where I can just barely disengage and I need to fix it before I grind up my gears.

Any advice on what would cause this freeplay? I know I will need to split the tractor to repair anything to do with the clutch. Should I just go ahead and order all parts (disk, pressure plate, bearing), or does it make more sense to open it up and look first. I use the tractor for home use (not commercial) but I do ask it to do a lot of heavy front loader work.

todddrummey

Equipment
B6000
May 21, 2009
falmouth, ma
Thanks for the reply Vic. I didn't think there was an easy answer, but you never know.

I started searching the web for parts, but many sites are giving me slightly different part #'s or just can't get the parts at all. If I post a list of #'s can you give me a quote? I also noticed the add for Messicks kubota, is that where you work?

Thanks again

Todd

cainbr

Equipment
B6000
Jun 12, 2014
Hartford City
I have the same problem hard to shift sometimes gear grind. Usually worse in high gears 4-6. No slippage. What do you mean by free play??

nzzshl

Equipment
1982 Yanmar GT14(YM146), 2015 BX25, BX5450 snowblower
Jan 12, 2015
Fenton, Mi
I have seen the same symptoms in the automotive world. Most of the occurences stem from people not realizing there are, commonly, three different release (throw-out) bearing lengths available for specific clutches. I sure don't mean to infer that the tractors share the same phenomenon as this that but I am suspicious a longer release bearing is required. That is, assuming that no actuator linkage(s) had been replaced as part of the first fix.