B7200 hydro fluid

zazzo

Equipment
b7200
Jun 15, 2018
amesbury
I’m sure it’s a repeat question. Changing hydrostatic fluid in my. B7200 and want opinions on what type I should use Kubota or other. brand. Don’t mind paying extra $ for kubota fluid if that’s best option ...

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I’m sure it’s a repeat question. Changing hydrostatic fluid in my. B7200 and want opinions on what type I should use Kubota or other. brand. Don’t mind paying extra $ for kubota fluid if that’s best option ...
well......

this question HAS NEVER been asked.....OK - I am lying!!:D:D:D

you have a 30 year old tractor.... UDT was the oil of choice at THAT TIME......

IF you do NOT mind buying the "good" stuff - get a gallon or 4 of the S-UDT2 stuff from you local dealer or get it on line! Amsoil makes a great oil for that situation too - and it too is costly, but......

There are many other types of oils that will fit the bill of a 30 year old tractor - but the oil is the life-blood of the machine and buying the tractor supply or walmart brand might not be the best choice, even though THAT oil is probably better than the oil from day ONE.

Whatever you choose - get the original K filter and check your screen while the oil is out - might find a mess there on that screen/filter.

zazzo

Equipment
b7200
Jun 15, 2018
amesbury
once again quick answer , once again solid advice . dont mind at all spending extra money just not into wasting it. thanks....Z

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Consider:

That tractor has functioned fine for around 30 years on "inferior" lubricants.

How much "better" can the new fluids be?

I've got a tractor made in 1950, Run it often enough. It gets whatever is on hand for fluids.

I believe that blue hunk of iron will be running long after I'm gone.