WTB 3 point hitch component b6000

markwemple

Sep 3, 2013
Severna Park, MD
For a b6000. Not sure exactly what to call it? Draw bar, tow bar? Anyway it is the ~3/4" solid steel bar that runs along the rear of the tractor and connects the 2 arms and has a hole at each end. Anyone have one or knows of a place to get one w/o spending an arm a leg and a lot of time.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Check with Weaver's Compact Tractor Parts (www.compactractorparts.com). They have a lot of 3 point hitch parts.
You are looking for a round bar, that runs perpendicular to the lift arms, and is what the lift arms mount to on the tractor base?
The drawbar runs from the under the center of the tractor back, parallel to the lift arms, and is used for a trailer hitch, etc.

Last edited:

markwemple

Sep 3, 2013
Severna Park, MD
Correct, round bar that runs perpendicular. I'd rather get the correct piece but I thought, worst case scenario, that I could buy a plain round bar and drill holes in it.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Can you post a photo of your current 3 point hitch area?
You will need to know the exact diameter and length. Maybe another B6000 owner can get some measurements.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Save yourself a headache and buy the correct part from the dealer. I trashed the same exact part on my B6100 a few years ago. I tried the round stock, could not find the right size. Had a machine shop mill me one and snapped that in half within weeks. Got up off the money and bout the correct replacement part and its still holding up.

Lesson learned, sometimes saving a buck does not always pan out and costs you a bigger headache in the long run.