14x5 rim (6 lug holes) for front tire - L185DT

SJP10

Equipment
L1501DT
Jun 20, 2013
Landenberg, PA, USA
Where can I purchase a 14x5 rim for a Kubota L185DT? The rim has 6 lug holes.

I have tried the following Web sites: 'Broken Tractor', Weaver. I also contacted West Kentucky Tractor parts with no luck.

Golden Eagle had MUS/gehl Rim/ 5jA/6 hole part number 242045 -but could not give me any dimensions on the part they had for sale.

Is is possible to get a machine shop to make the part for me?

Thanks!

jbeenemd

Equipment
Kubota L185DT
Sep 30, 2012
Sacville, MO
I also have the same tractor, which was very poorly maintained by the prior owner. One of the front rims had a hole rusted clean through. My father-in-law took the rim and cut out the center section and then found a 14X6 car rim and welded the center into it. Now the rims are different diameters and does change the overall diameter of the tire. I never use this tractor on pavement and try to not use the 4X4 unless I really need it. Have searched for a new rim but seems that the newer replacement rims are 14X6 instead of the original 14X5. They also want around $150 per rim. I can try to find the old sites for you if interested. Also found this "Front Rim W-70656 replaces 37650-43730 and 35180-43730" on one site. Have thought about just buying new 2 rims and 2 new tires but I am so tight with a nickle that I just can't make myself turn loose of the near $500.
Jackie

LeadHead

Equipment
Kubota L275, Allis Chalmers WD45, King Kutter II 3-point tiller, dirt scoop, brush hog, back blade
Sep 29, 2009
Illinois
SJP10, I have a pair of 16" L-series rims with tires (6x14 tires) that MAY be what you're looking for. Do you have a picture of yours?

magicheater

Equipment
B26, B7800, Auto Tach-N-Go
Where can I purchase a 14x5 rim for a Kubota L185DT? The rim has 6 lug holes.

I have tried the following Web sites: 'Broken Tractor', Weaver. I also contacted West Kentucky Tractor parts with no luck.

Golden Eagle had MUS/gehl Rim/ 5jA/6 hole part number 242045 -but could not give me any dimensions on the part they had for sale.

Is is possible to get a machine shop to make the part for me?

Thanks!
I made my own rims. I found no tire options (wider) for my B7800 in the 14" rim size. I found that a 12" rim fits and has wider options with the same SLR so your ratio is fine. I cut out the old center and welded in a new center. You can also play with the offset to give yourself a wider stance W/O wheel spacers. I did it with 2 tractors now and it works slick.