B7200 Hydraulic Loader Cylinder repair

avpowerstn

Equipment
B7200, FORD 545A (cream puff)
Jul 15, 2012
Lancaster,CA
Hello

I have a 1984 B7200 HST, one of my 1630 loader cylinders is leaking like a sieve. How do I find info on rebuilding this item. Any Info would be nice.:confused:

Breeze

Equipment
L3700, Box Grader, 60" Bush Hog, Rear Grader Blade, York Rake, Boom Pole.
Dec 24, 2010
Virgin Islands
If it is visibly leaking you have a bad cap seal. Probably you would want to replace the piston seals, same time. Check for any damage to the surface of the piston rod as this will damage new seals.

It is reported that the caps can be a bear to unscrew from the cylinder due to the cap being aluminum and the cylinder, steel. I don't know if this is true with a B7200?

If you have a hydraulic shop anywhere nearby, take it off and have them do the job. By the time you locate factory parts, ship, tear down yourself without the optimal setup and rebuild, the cost will probably be about the same.

avpowerstn

Equipment
B7200, FORD 545A (cream puff)
Jul 15, 2012
Lancaster,CA
If it is visibly leaking you have a bad cap seal. Probably you would want to replace the piston seals, same time. Check for any damage to the surface of the piston rod as this will damage new seals.

It is reported that the caps can be a bear to unscrew from the cylinder due to the cap being aluminum and the cylinder, steel. I don't know if this is true with a B7200?

If you have a hydraulic shop anywhere nearby, take it off and have them do the job. By the time you locate factory parts, ship, tear down yourself without the optimal setup and rebuild, the cost will probably be about the same.
Thank You breeze, I know the gentleman I purchased this tractor from, had rebuilt the cylinders himself (11 yrs ago). I believe he said the O-rings were metric? He said the shops wanted quite a bit to rebuild them. So being an engineer, he rebuilt them himself. Now I can't find his telephone number,lol he usually calls me every 6 months or so, But I can not wait that long. At least knowing they screw off is a start, Thank You for the info