Looking for hydraulic schematic & shop manual

brosenbaum

Equipment
L3400 HST, FEL, box blade, rear blade, bush hog, tiller, post hole digger
Oct 10, 2012
San Leon, tx
Have a 2008 Kubota L3400 HST, with 2540 FEL. Want to install a hydraulic cylinder for tilt control of 3 point hitch- want better control of box blade and/or rear blade for dirt work.

Need help on several things:

Looking for a supplier for cylinder, valve module & hoses. Also any suggestion of size & stroke and where to tap into the supply & return lines.

Also where can I purchase/download a shop manual for tractor, and especially a hydraulic schematic for the 2540’s control module?

I am toying with using temporary connections to FNL bucket tilt up/down lines (have self –sealing QD connections so bucket tilt should hold steady for all day blade work).

Thanks all

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
You can try KubotaBooksOnLine.Com and also Kubota website has parts books downloadable. Both may show hydraulic schematics. May have to track down a Workshop Manual from Kubota on eBay.

Take a look at "Burden's Wholesale Surplus"---think they consolidated under one name like Wholesale Surplus but not certain. Google search. Specialize in hyd parts all name brands.

Kubota has an aux valve kit for that machine. Consult dealer and hold one hand on wallet, other over heart.

Could make the tap at the FEL hyd connections and have aux valve handy near right hand for ease of use. Get hoses at any industrial hyd hose shop much better than dealer unless come as kit with valve if you go that way.

If fabricating non-OEM install use high pressure ball valves inline so you can get it all apart without disabling entire rest of system(s).

Please post back and include photos how you proceed that we may all learn.

brosenbaum

Equipment
L3400 HST, FEL, box blade, rear blade, bush hog, tiller, post hole digger
Oct 10, 2012
San Leon, tx
Thanks for info.

I am trying to better understand how hydraulic system is mechanized; is the kubota pump a fixed displacement, gear-pump, or is it a variable displacement, pressure compensated pump?

Suspect it is a gear pump, meaning that output flow is essentially linear function of RPM, and that system pressure is dependent on how much the control valve diverts flow into moving a cylinder.

Assuming this is the case, it appears that normally pump output flow is in full bypass mode through the control valve; then when hydraulic power is needed, the control valve proportionally diverts some of all flow into one end of the cylinder, while concurrently vents the other end of cylinder to the return system and reservoir.

I guess that explains the 3 lines off the FEL control valve assembly; input pressure, pass-through pressure, and return - correct?

Thanks again

b

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Thanks for info.

I am trying to better understand how hydraulic system is mechanized; is the kubota pump a fixed displacement, gear-pump, or is it a variable displacement, pressure compensated pump?

Suspect it is a gear pump, meaning that output flow is essentially linear function of RPM, and that system pressure is dependent on how much the control valve diverts flow into moving a cylinder.

Assuming this is the case, it appears that normally pump output flow is in full bypass mode through the control valve; then when hydraulic power is needed, the control valve proportionally diverts some of all flow into one end of the cylinder, while concurrently vents the other end of cylinder to the return system and reservoir.

I guess that explains the 3 lines off the FEL control valve assembly; input pressure, pass-through pressure, and return - correct?

Thanks again

b
You are right, we call them Pump pressure, power beyond pressure and tank ( no pressure)
Ed