Right Lifting Rod

Seaaggie1976

Equipment
L2501
Sep 17, 2019
Richmond, Tx
I have a Kubota L2501and recently noticed that my right lifting rod will "creep" down when I am mowing. This results in the right side of my Land Pride RCR1860 cutter to drop. I have to readjust the lifting rod and have been making sure the lock nut is tight but it does it again. I have this rod lubed pretty thoroughly and wondering if that has anything to do with it. Anyone have any similar experiences with this?

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
I keep a pipe wrench and big crescent wrench in my tractors tool box to tighten mine with. If I do it by hand without the wrenches mine does that too.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
What a coincidence!! I too have an L2501 and it does the same thing. The solution is to tighten it with a wrench and check it periodically. The turnbuckles on the three point arms are also prone to creep and can allow the three point to contact the tires. If I can't get it to hold I'm considering telescoping stabilizers.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Same thing here. I keep a cresent wrench and my chain saw tool in the tool box on the tractor. Slip the socket end of the chainsaw tool over the little handles on the adjuster and use the screwdriver end to hold it still and tighten the nut with the cresent wrench.