for those with QA Hoes

m.t.hands

Equipment
L 5030, L 3400 and BX2200
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama
would you do it again???

looking at a couple of L's one (L 3200) has a hoe with it and a few other implements priced a little more than a 3800 i like, both tractors have less than 300 hrs

the L 3800 is 14500$ w/295 hrs and has a loader w/qa bucket

both tractors are HST

Last edited:

m.t.hands

Equipment
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama
if, for some reason you had to replace your tractor would you buy another one w/BH, i think i could get some use out of one, just wanting to get a better idea of how usable it would be having one on hand versus renting a BH???

also real world what kind of time removing installing with and removing 3PT parts???

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I have the L3200 with backhoe on it. I can have it removed and installed in about ten minutes.

Curious as to the price difference between the 3800 and the 3200. What other attachments come with either one? I added the back hoe to mine a couple months ago and it was $8500.

m.t.hands

Equipment
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama
I have the L3200 with backhoe on it. I can have it removed and installed in about ten minutes.

Curious as to the price difference between the 3800 and the 3200. What other attachments come with either one? I added the back hoe to mine a couple months ago and it was $8500.
well the unit is sold but it had a bh77, a Wellenstein BX42 chipper/shedder a 5' Box Blade, 5 rotary cutter, and FEL QA bucket

it was priced at 19k and showed 103 hrs

the L 3800 i'm looking at has 295 hrs and they are asking 14500$ it also has a loader and QA Bucket

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
if, for some reason you had to replace your tractor would you buy another one w/BH, i think i could get some use out of one, just wanting to get a better idea of how usable it would be having one on hand versus renting a BH???

also real world what kind of time removing installing with and removing 3PT parts???
I'm using an M59 for work and I need the BH. It takes about 30-45 minutes to add/remove the hoe as I have a cab. Without the cab its 20-30 min. If I didn't use the hoe for work it would be an expensive nice-to-have-but-not-needed option.

If somebody beat me with a money stick I'd probably get a separate cab tractor and something like a CAT420IT TLB or a 10-15 ton excavator with aux hi flow hyd. For the work I'm doing the M59 is a good compromise utility machine that can fit in tight spaces and is big/fast enough to do a little work with.

Previously I owned another CUT with a small frame mount BH that required getting off the machine and climbing on the rear BH. Taking it off was an easy 10 minute job, installing it was a PITA 30 min trying to get everything in perfect alignment to hook up the pins.

Even though its better than a hand shovel I would never buy one again, it's cheaper/easier to rent a mini-ex.

I would not consider or recommend a 3PH BH for anything but giving you an excuse to make tractor repairs. Remember that CUTs are AG tractors, not construction class machines built to take long term abuse.

m.t.hands

Equipment
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama
Even though its better than a hand shovel I would never buy one again, it's cheaper/easier to rent a mini-ex.
sort of my thinking also

I would not consider or recommend a 3PH BH for anything but giving you an excuse to make tractor repairs. Remember that CUTs are AG tractors, not construction class machines built to take long term abuse.
thanks for the input mikester ;)

the 3PH BH was never even on my radar, just looked like something waiting to happen :eek: the QA unit for the smaller machines I was looking at looked pretty solid and see them from 8500 new and less with me doing the necessary "installation"

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
One of the main reasons I wanted my tractor was having a backhoe. A bit pricey, but well worth the money IMO. I removed it about 2 weeks ago for the first time. It only took less than 5 minutes. It may take a bit longer putting back on until I become profecient, just guessing. Only you can say how much you can benefit from having one.

I then put the arms on for a tiller. Although I wish there was a way Kubota could have designed the tractor to leave the lift arms on, it is really a quick and easy process.

m.t.hands

Equipment
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama
One of the main reasons I wanted my tractor was having a backhoe. A bit pricey, but well worth the money IMO. I removed it about 2 weeks ago for the first time. It only took less than 5 minutes. It may take a bit longer putting back on until I become profecient, just guessing. Only you can say how much you can benefit from having one.

I then put the arms on for a tiller. Although I wish there was a way Kubota could have designed the tractor to leave the lift arms on, it is really a quick and easy process.
have watched a few YT video's and it appears the key (IMO anyway) is to ensure it is on a relatively flat and stable surface, but if it is anything like my loader on my 5030 you take it off just anywhere and be ready to enjoy learning some new words :eek::eek:, after that I ALWAYS made sure I was in a good spot with stable soil;) and yes it would be nice if there was a way to leave the lift arms in place:(

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
have watched a few YT video's and it appears the key (IMO anyway) is to ensure it is on a relatively flat and stable surface, but if it is anything like my loader on my 5030 you take it off just anywhere and be ready to enjoy learning some new words :eek::eek:, after that I ALWAYS made sure I was in a good spot with stable soil;) and yes it would be nice if there was a way to leave the lift arms in place:(

Yeah, I believe a flat surface is the key for easy reinstall. Unfortunately, I was not able to remove mine on a concrete slab, but on the gravel floor on a section of my barn that is mostly flat. I would like to pour a concrete section eventually. I will find out before too long how difficult it is to get back on. I don't think it will be that bad though.