L4600-Lift Capacity-Surprised

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Had Katie for 5 years now and moved quiet a bit of dirt with her but never lifted anything that I knew the weight of.

Last night came home with pallets of corn that I needed to unload. Only had the pallet forks for couple of months so was not sure she would lift the skids of corn as they were loaded.

Hooked up the forks cranked her up to PTO about 2400 RPMS and went to work. The weight was 1320 pounds of corn each bag filled and weighed on the scale where I purchased them from the farmer plus weight of pallet 35#'s is what they weigh here at work so going with that. Total weight was 1355#'s.

It was no problem to lift them as you can see in the picture, even lowered RPM's down to 2000 for the remaining pallets and she off loaded and transported them into place with what felt like little strain.

Thought I would share in case others are curious what there tractor of similar size would do.

My fork setup guessing comes in around 300 to 400 pounds. The QA frame has forks from a old forklift we had at work so heavy weight. The QA delivered came in at I believe it was 118#'s.

Add the above and we are on the low side 1655#'s lifted to height of 6' off ground did not need to go higher.

Tried to upload pic, no luck will try later.

Good day my friends.

Last edited:

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Had Katie for 5 years now and moved quiet a bit of dirt with her but never lifted anything that I knew the weight of.

Last night came home with pallets of corn that I needed to unload. Only had the pallet forks for couple of months so was not sure she would lift the skids of corn as they were loaded.

Hooked up the forks cranked her up to PTO about 2400 RPMS and went to work. The weight was 1320 pounds of corn each bag filled and weighed on the scale where I purchased them from the farmer plus weight of pallet 35#'s is what they weigh here at work so going with that. Total weight was 1355#'s.

It was no problem to lift them as you can see in the picture, even lowered RPM's down to 2000 for the remaining pallets and she off loaded and transported them into place with what felt like little strain.

Thought I would share in case others are curious what there tractor of similar size would do.

My fork setup guessing comes in around 300 to 400 pounds. The QA frame has forks from a old forklift we had at work so heavy weight. The QA delivered came in at I believe it was 118#'s.

Add the above and we are on the low side 1655#'s lifted to height of 6' off ground did not need to go higher.

Tried to upload pic, no luck will try later.

Good day my friends.
Good to hear your tractor lifted well for you. Note, however, that when your tractor is rated for max lifting capacity, it includes the weight of the standard bucket. So even though your forks may weigh 3-400lbs, you need to subtract whatever the weight of the standard bucket is (200-250lbs maybe?) So maybe it lifted a tad less than you thought.

Yoder409

Equipment
BX1850, B2630, L2350, MX5000, M6800
Jun 9, 2019
Swellview
Here's a quick rule of thumb that is pretty hard and fast.........

No matter WHAT series tractor and what loader.........they will ALL lift more than you SHOULD be.lifting with them. Lifting heavy is a real good way to get in BIG trouble REAL FAST.

Couple years ago I was helping a buddy unload containers of shelled corn off his trailer with our M6800 4x4 cab tractor which has loaded rears. The ground was slightly sloping and the tractor would pick up enough weight to bring the rear tires up when turning down hill. INSTANTANEOUS pucker !!!!

I'll make 2 trips before I lift heavy.

les.smith99

Equipment
B7800
Jul 27, 2010
Tyler, Texas
If you will look on the side of your FEL you will see a letter number label, something like LA 528. That number is the capacity in kilograms that the FEL will pick up. Generally that is at the pivot pins. Also the loader will pick up more in the lower portion of its range than in the upper. Read through your user manual l, it’s all there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk