Does HSD signify

m.t.hands

Equipment
L 5030, L 3400 and BX2200
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama
full time 4wd???:eek:

looking at some 30-40 Hp machines, close to pulling the trigger on one or the other, one is a B3200 and i like that it has a mid-pto, the other which i am a lot less familiar with is a B3300hsd not sure if it has a mid pto??? also appears to be limited years of production???

Input appreciated:D

m.t.hands

Equipment
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama
thank you sir:D, i'll be checking it out this week, just a "new" designation for me, familiar with GST, HST, 8x8 synchro and shuttle shift, etc.... :eek:

looked in tractordata to verify if a mid-pto was offered??? if i decided to go with a MMM

this property (future home site/building soon i hope) is a little less than 10 acres

thanks again:D

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
In case you're unaware, new tractors over 25 horsepower have extra pollution control devices - like a diesel particulate filter. I purchased the L2501 instead of the L3301 for that reason. I think simple is better.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Technically it's designation was a B3300SUHSD they made no other variants of that tractor.

It's a Special Utility tractor.
Which in simple terms means stripped down model.
It DOES NOT have a mid PTO, so options like a MMM (Mid Mount Mower) and a front mount (mid pto powered) snowblower are not available for that tractor.

The HSD means: Hydrostatic double traction (aka 4wd), and no not full time, it's still selectable.

m.t.hands

Equipment
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama
Technically it's designation was a B3300SUHSD they made no other variants of that tractor.

It's a Special Utility tractor.
Which in simple terms means stripped down model.
It DOES NOT have a mid PTO, so options like a MMM (Mid Mount Mower) and a front mount (mid pto powered) snowblower are not available for that tractor.

The HSD means: Hydrostatic double traction (aka 4wd), and no not full time, it's still selectable.
thanks for the info/input

In case you're unaware, new tractors over 25 horsepower have extra pollution control devices - like a diesel particulate filter. I purchased the L2501 instead of the L3301 for that reason. I think simple is better.
are you happy with the 2501, i have been working on this property (recently purchased) all summer pretty much mowing with the BX 2200 w/54" deck, it does good but the property is a not like cutting a yard, even w/ a good suspension seat added, and looking at something compact and not using the sub-compact for the big open area cutting, the tire size on the BX feels like running over a washboard:eek:,,,, had considered the 2501 but wanted the flexibility to utilize some of the implements i already own and not wanting to overly tax the unit, if that makes sense, and the B3200 i am looking at is a 2011 pre-emission ???? correct??? plus i know it has a mid-pto

thanks for the input, Keith

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
You won't be "taxing" an L2501 with implements you plan to run on a B3200.

It is true the B3200 back in 2011 is pre-Tier4 so no extra emissions controls would exist. It's also true that it has 32HP instead of 25 in the L2501. But the L2501 has a larger engine than the B3200, and produces it's rated HP (and torque) at 500RPM less than the B3200.

I have an L2501 I just bought (in addition to an MX4800) and I love it. I replaced my pre-emissions B2920, 29HP B-series with it. The 2501 is a much larger, more substantial, and heavy machine than the B-series...even the large-frame B-series you are considering. With the large engine and low rated RPM, it is quiet and very rarely do I wish it had more power. I am running a 5-foot brush hog and a 4-foot flail mower in very thick and heavy conditions. It goes through this better than the B2920 did.

Don't get me wrong, the B3200 is a great machine and very capable. Even my B2920 was...I miss the compact size at times. But I had all the concerns of the L2501 not having enough power...but it does.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I have a B3200 that I picked up a couple years back used with around 90 hrs on it. I haven't found anything I do that pushes the ability on it. I brush hog around 5-11 acres depending on the time of year and it handles it great. The FEL does what I need it to do, moving dirt or rock to dress the driveway. It has the mid PTO for the MMM but I went with the 3pt option for my mowing. Backhoe? Well, a few times I wished I had it this year but even with hiring in someone with an excavator, it was 1/4 the cost of me buying the backhoe.

What I've modified on it was to add some BroTek wheel spacers, gives me a bit more width on the stance and a lot less pucker out on slopes. i also added a tooth bar for pesky field olives and digging in to soil. What I wish I had was the quick connect for the FEL to allow different options, forks, grapple, and a cab for working in rain/snow. Added a canopy so it helps a bit.

My big concern when buying was the HP of the tractor. We had my brother in law's green out brush hogging and at 25HP it was struggling to get it done. This made me hesitant to go with a L2501 at the time of purchase. I'd rather have more HP than I need, to a point.