Trailering Tractor with Forward Facing Exhaust. Issues?

LDowney

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
UPDATE- I bush hogged 10 acres earlier today and tractor went through a regen. Once the regen was complete, I stopped the tractor and felt the mirror. It was not any warmer than the other mirror. The angle actually has it blowing between the cab and the mirror perfectly. The cab glass or mirror is not effected by this current angle. I would consider this problem resolved.

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
Problem Solved! I unscrewed the 3 screws holding the exhaust end on, rotated until the screw holes lined back up which 2 out of 3 did and made 1 new hole. Screwed back on and done. There was no way I was fooling with putting a sock over that every time I trailer it. Now it faces to the rear. No wind or rain will be forced down when trailering. I like this look better as well. Not sure why Kubota doesn't do this angle from the factory.
View attachment 44535
View attachment 44536
Be very careful that you are not directing exhaust gasses towards your ventilation system. Nearly killed me years ago and that was with no back window.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I know the company that did our heavy hauling used turbo savers or duct tape. Nothing left on a trailer without the exhaust being covered with one or the other.