B7000 Three Point Problem

kaze

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota B7000 Cub Cadet 1782 Cub Cadet 78D York Three point rake Woods RM 400 mo
Seems like we are into a novel here.

This time mowing and heard a strange sound. Looked over the right side of the tractor and hydraulic fluid was spraying from the lower line.

When I put the seal in the hyd pump; I noticed the line was welded at the banjo fitting.

Apparently between removing and the lurching when mowing it found a weak spot. Took off the line and went to the best welder I know. A great blacksmith. Got the line back on after waiting for seals. The local store had three. But I found out that VW 2003 series power steering banjo bolts have thicker copper washers and fit well. So Three Kubota and one VW and we are back to no leaks.

Bad Part is now when I start the tractor the three point mower raises. Is this air in the line? If so how do I bleed it? Before I get into any more trouble.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Seems like we are into a novel here.

This time mowing and heard a strange sound. Looked over the right side of the tractor and hydraulic fluid was spraying from the lower line.

When I put the seal in the hyd pump; I noticed the line was welded at the banjo fitting.

Apparently between removing and the lurching when mowing it found a weak spot. Took off the line and went to the best welder I know. A great blacksmith. Got the line back on after waiting for seals. The local store had three. But I found out that VW 2003 series power steering banjo bolts have thicker copper washers and fit well. So Three Kubota and one VW and we are back to no leaks.

Bad Part is now when I start the tractor the three point mower raises. Is this air in the line? If so how do I bleed it? Before I get into any more trouble.
Sounds like there is a problem with the three point valve or adjustment.
It's not air making it rise up , it's hydraulic fluid, and if the valve is not shutting off that might explain why it blew the seal out of the pump too. ;)

kaze

Premium Member

Equipment
It may be an adjustment as it only does it when first started.
After it is running the up and down work as intended.

Or did I get a piece of dirt in the valve??

Last evening I lowered the mower; The wheels did not go all the way down to the ground. Shut the engine off and still no hitting the ground. But if I move the lever to up it dropped to the ground but the lever would not move with the engine off. Then when I started the engine the mower raised.
Dumber than a stump here so could use some advice

Last edited:

kaze

Premium Member

Equipment
I think I figured it out. the little arm with the two stops on it. They have it bent to go by the upper lift arm angle. the lower stop was not leaving the mower down to where the wheels were on the ground. Then after running it would sink down to the wheels. I just adjusted it to leave the wheels touch the ground and it seems to be fine. Just learning curve. It is not red or yellow and white. It is orange with hydraulics and a front ring and pinion my other kubota diesels no not have. CC 782D and a CC 1782.