Incline shutoff?

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
BX23S
When I go down a steep hill, the tractor wants to stall...

Back down the hill and it runs fine...

Any thoughts?

The fuel filter seems like the angle should not effect it ...

Is there a front/decline sensor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
More than likely you don't have enough arse on the seat ;)...if the hill is steep enough. It's the safety switch under the seat.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
More than likely you don't have enough arse on the seat ;)...if the hill is steep enough. It's the safety switch under the seat.

Ahh
Good point.

Honestly id love to disable that seat switch.... every time I get off to get another beer the tractor dies...

Any web search on the subject provides nothing but death warnings...

Makes you wonder how I survived this long ...

LoL

One of these days I will dig into it

Since there are no clear cut instructions....

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Ya, your weight is shifting and the switch says you're gone, so the engine shuts off.
That be it ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ......BTDT , learned to sit me arz back on the downhill ride;)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I've got a TG1860 diesel I keep in a barn at a rental property, and since my wife enjoys mowing she goes up there and mows around the barn, drive, tree rows, etc. I had used the 1860 a couple of times when she was push mowing just to be sure it was working fine.

Next time she goes up to mow I was doing something else, and she had that nice mower to do all the work! Comes back and says she mowed the whole thing with the push mower. The big mower would start, but when she went to back it out of the barn it would quit. It would start up right away, but do it again.

I went up there and started, backed out of the barn and mowed for a while. Put the mower back in the barn and came home and told it was working fine.

Next week, same song, second verse.

The third week she comes home and tells me she's figured it out. The barn has rock inside the door and is built up a few inches going into the barn. The 1860 is parked inside the big door but then turned left and parked parallel to the other big door. When she started it she had to turn the wheel to back out/down a bit to get out. She would get to a certain point in that maneuver and her weight would shift and the tractor would shut off.

Kind of comical when she explained it to me!

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
What's with the garter snake in your basil? :D
Good question..

the plant (s) are pretty much gone to seed.... done for the season... I reckon he is hangin out waiting for a tasty bug snack.

reminded me of trout fishing when I was a kid.... we would walk the river in hip boots and occasionally the snakes would sunbath in the over hanging trees....

first time I saw one I freaked out. :D

I don't mind snakes just don't like being surprised by them.

Dennis.D

Equipment
L6060, Erskine hydraulic snow blower, back hoe
Feb 16, 2018
Central, ME,USA
I hated to disconnect the seat switch completely so I put a switch on the console so I could shut it off and turn it back on. I have a 12 year old Gr son that mows with the tractor and I didn't want the seat switch disconnected when he was using the tractor or around it. Just remember with the seat switch disconnected the tractor WILL move forward or backward if something falls or pushes on the go peddle. I use the off feature with my forks (standing up to see the forks), hooking up the back hoe (moving the tractor without getting on to line up hoe) and to run wood chipper off rear PTO. (yes I know there is a way to do the rear PTO w/o using a bypass switch).

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Dennis
The toggle switch is a good idea.

I may upgrade to that.

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
Always the first thing done to the machines on the golf course. We used to just stick a spade fuse into the plug