L3200 Won't Start - Help!!

peggimann

Mar 29, 2018
Oskaloosa, KS
My Kubota L3200 wouldn't start so I took it to a dealer and they attempted to fix it by replacing the safety switches. I got it home and it started so I used it for a couple of hours and now it won't start again. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get it started? I've already put out a bunch of money and don't want to have to load it back on the trailer to take it back to the shop.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
My Kubota L3200 wouldn't start so I took it to a dealer and they attempted to fix it by replacing the safety switches. I got it home and it started so I used it for a couple of hours and now it won't start again. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get it started? I've already put out a bunch of money and don't want to have to load it back on the trailer to take it back to the shop.
Hate to say.....BUT gonna bet you it is a another safety switch.

While TURNING the key, bounce a bit on the seat - lean back, push back on the steering wheel to get you fanny into the seat harder. IF it turns over - then you found your problem.

IF clutch - press clutch to floor and do same thing - a little push harder and see if any difference is made.

Place hand on PTO lever - wiggle it while turning the key...

one of those hopefully will work with you!;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If the dealer said they fixed it and it isn't, take it back to them and make them make it right.

PTO, HST pedal if it's HST, clutch if it DT, are common issues for non start.

If you want to dive into it yourself go here and download the WSM, that will help direct you. ;)

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Often the the overlooked item is the lever used to engage the pto shaft
Make certain it is OFF.

Many owners who have to leave their tractors in public places, walk away purposely leaving the pto on knowing it wont start hence young people cannot get it going.

Either you used the pto and did not disengage it when you stopped the tractor or perhaps it caught on clothing as you exited.

If it is not this simple, how about more details. Any dash lights or head lights, horn work. Type of transmission. Manual gears of hydrostatic.

You have come to the right place for help but like with a medical problem, you have to give the "doctors," here more information

Dave

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to OTT Peggimann. I'm with the Wolfman, take it back and make sure they fix it right this time.

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
When I first bought mine the safety switch under the seat seemed to work fine but I had occasional no starts. The alignment between the seat and switch was a little off and just enough to cause the problem. I can't remember how I fixed it but I know it was really simple after I found the problem.
Another no start was caused by ice on the clutch safety switch.

RUBYRUSS

Equipment
kubota l3200 bucket and hoe
Jul 11, 2018
uncasville, ct, united states
i have similar issue, if i rock my pedal back and forth it usually will start, now i have to tap/kick the pedal with my heel side to side. today i tried to take the cover off, i undid 5, 12mm bolts and the cover didn't move. how do you take the covers off. Also ive read about adjusting this switch, where the heck is it. Also looking for the grease fitting, seem to be a very congested area, i figured if i took the covers off i might have a better view, i cant even seem to disconnect all the bolts to remove the covers. Any help is appreciated

Thank you

Kevin

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
My L3200 doesn’t have a switch on the clutch, I can start mine without being on the tractor. It does have safety’s on the pto, seat, and range selector (mines a gear model. My most common issue is dirt and grass getting packed in the range selector switch.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Oops, my bad,didn’t look to see how old this thread was.
That isn't an issue. RUBYRUSS only posted a day ago that there was a problem with his L3200. I had two separate things affect starting on mine. One was a simple matter of lubing the bottom end of the cable assembly that operates the PTO.

The other was the switch that senses the neutral position of the hydro pedal. That one required a little more effort. The switch on my L3200 is below the steering wheel, low under the dash, and accessible from ithe area in front ot the seat. I had some pics but can't find them. The switch is mounted slightly to the right and IIRC has a 4-contact plug. The problem is that mine was way too sensitive.

To adjust it required removing the switch and the bracket it is mounted to. Then I ran the switch into the bracket a couple threads. remounted it and it's been fine ever since. That was about 3 years ago.

otter

Equipment
L3800, LA524 loader, BH77 backhoe, thumb, box blade small wood lot log grapple
Sep 26, 2014
Chase, Alaska
My tractor starting problem was found with a HST switch adjustment. Very easy to do. The grounds were all cleaned up and other safety switches checked in the process.

02chuck

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2018
Escalon, ca
Thanks for the heads up on adjusting the HST safety switch. I went out and put a 3/16 piece of rubber between the HST lever and the switch. Tractor started right up. Pulled switch out cranked the switch down a couple threads and life is good.
Thanks