FEL snow plow?

Johnson16

Equipment
L2501
Jul 9, 2019
Metamora, Michigan
I am sure it has been discussed before but can I get some opinions on it. I use a back blade on my gravel driveway but every year talk about a fel blade seeming like it would be nice to have. I just worry with the blade being out so far it will really push the front of the tractor around. I have a 2501.

Cglaza

Equipment
L2500DT, BX2380, G6200H
Aug 30, 2015
Freeland, mi
Heavy snow will make your steering less effective but I have not had an issue with my bx. I generally go in a straight line when I plow and the turns I make are gradual. Lifting up your plow a hair makes a huge difference than if you let it float.

Chris

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I am sure it has been discussed before but can I get some opinions on it. I use a back blade on my gravel driveway but every year talk about a fel blade seeming like it would be nice to have. I just worry with the blade being out so far it will really push the front of the tractor around. I have a 2501.
I use the Kubota FEL mounted blade on my B3350 but only on asphalt. I also use a ballast box to counter the weight of the FEL and front blade.

Front chains will help steering considerably on crushed rock but are counter productive on pavement.

SDT

miketrock

Nov 25, 2019
Pa
Is there enough room, if u wud take off the grille guard(to make more room), to fit suitcase weights on the front, without the FEL hitting the weights ? Or some other shape n size weights for better steering ?

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Is there enough room, if u wud take off the grille guard(to make more room), to fit suitcase weights on the front, without the FEL hitting the weights ? Or some other shape n size weights for better steering ?
Not possible.

Front weights interfere with the FEL

SDT

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I use the Kubota FEL mounted blade on my B3350 but only on asphalt. I also use a ballast box to counter the weight of the FEL and front blade.

Front chains will help steering considerably on crushed rock but are counter productive on pavement.

SDT
How I do it and I plow the road to the pavement (if necessary) which is a mile. You'll hear people say that chains on the front axle of a FWA tractor don't do anything. I'm here to tell you they do, in spades. Much more than rear chains. In fact I don't run chains on the rear tires, only the fronts.

I have a large plow as well.... It's on the SSQA FEL hitch....

Attachments

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I have a front hydraulic adjustable blade on my L 3301, and it, combined with the rear blower, makes for an awesome combo! I finally bought chains last year, for all fours, as I am on a mountain and besides the slopes, we get an ice buildup later in the season. The chains mean I can go slower, and still have a lot of push.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
I have the Kubota plow. When you angle the blade you have to use the curl function to make the blade level. I have better results with the 3 point blade. Wish I could find wheels/casters to replace the skid shoes on the blade.

Attachments

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I use the curl and the third function to angle the blade. Make yourself a set is wheels to fit where the skid shoes now fit. many sizes on wheels and casters available at harbor freight and tractor supply.