L345 Rear 3pt Hitch Hanger Problem

FatLuckFarmer

Equipment
L345DT
Jan 14, 2019
Accord , NY, USA
I've been repairing a number of seriously problems from the previous owner. One item I found is the lower hanger for the 3pt hitch hanger bars. It appears to have been damaged and it looks like a previous owner kludged a piece of 1/2" steel brace thing and just welded the thing back up. I had to cut the tab off to get to a bolt that had been totally captured by this mess. I have everything free, and the whole piece moves but won't come off. I think there is a rod or something that goes through the cases (see red arrow, However I can find any pictures or diagrams of this item anywhere in the manuals I have. I'm suspecting that this may have been a bolt together assembly but is now welded. I want to get it off so I can make new brackets, but I don't want to cut it if I don't have to. Can anyone offer some insight as to how this is attached, and how it comes off?

Attachments

FatLuckFarmer

Equipment
L345DT
Jan 14, 2019
Accord , NY, USA
I figured it out. there is a 20mm pin welded to each plate that goes in to the casting on either side. these mounting plates are just supposed to bolt to the bottom of the trans case with 3 14mm bolts. I noticed that the piece that was on the bottom was just hot rolled steel bar so I cut it and the bigger problem became immediately clear as the 2 mounting plates fell right off. As you can see in the pics, on the left side, the cases where the bolts go in are completely broken off. the top hole is also stripped. :)

I'm going to make new plates and make a so that I can use the other thresded hols in the cases. I'll make sure they are braced and am not too worried that there will be another failure once I'm done.
I included a pic of the "good" side for reference.

Attachments

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Kludged up is an understatement. Hope you got it cheap 'cause it's had a hard life.