Trench Attachment for Loader???

Atlanta Panther

Equipment
Kubota L3200HST with Loaded R4 Tires, LA524 Loader and Quick Connect 66" bucket
Jun 15, 2013
Madison, Ga
I'm burying a small black poly irrigation water line about 12" deep. I had a fellow with a skid steer do some other work and he just attached what looked like an 18" or so spike to his loader and made the narrow trench I needed. I now find I have to extend that line. Do they make something similar that my Kubota L3200HST could use? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm burying a small black poly irrigation water line about 12" deep. I had a fellow with a skid steer do some other work and he just attached what looked like an 18" or so spike to his loader and made the narrow trench I needed. I now find I have to extend that line. Do they make something similar that my Kubota L3200HST could use? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Not for a loader on a tractor, but yes for the three point.

Timmer92

Equipment
2019 L3901 (former - BX2370), 72" Brush Hog, 72" Hydraulic Snow Blade, 3pt Auger
Dec 4, 2019
Minnesota

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
In my opinion, you don't have a big enough tractor to use that implement.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If you use the subsoiler technique, I'd suggest pulling the subsoiler through the ground once at maximum depth, then come back and feed the pipe through. This way if you hit a rock, root or something else you can clear it out/adjust before hand. If you pull up as you lay the pipe you have fun getting it right again!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
All well and good for cable. Water line, not so much unless you live in a temperate climate where frost depth is less than how deep the sub soiler will plow. Around here you need at least 48" bury depth minimum and that may be doable with a big tractor (like my M) but a smaller one, no way. Not enough tractor weight or drawbar pull to achieve a 4 foot bury depth.

ASC sells a complete pipe /cable layer / subsoiler in their online catalog. It's CAT 2 for obvious reasons.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Flip, post number 1 said 12" deep!
Pardon me, I didn't see that. Remember, right now, seeing isn't all that good/ Will be after tomorrow, hopefully......

For 12 ", would work fine.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Make sure your wife drives you to the ophthalmologist not the gynecologist. It would sure be an opportunity for her to get even with you for all the negative things you say about her and her horses!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Make sure your wife drives you to the ophthalmologist not the gynecologist. It would sure be an opportunity for her to get even with you for all the negative things you say about her and her horses!

Never said anything bad about my wife. How she puts up with me is a miracle. Truly blessed to be married to her. The nags are another story. I'm allergic to horse hair and a horse is like a boat, A boat is a hole in the water you pour money into. A horse is a hole in the pasture tou also pour money into with little return, if any. Give me cattle anyday. I make money on them and I can eat them if necessary. Not about to butcher a horse (though I hear in Canada they eat them. I'm not going to.

Yes, she is driving me. I cannot even see the speedometer, let alone other cars on the road.

She has never read this forum anyway. She reads and posts on the Firearm forum I''m on because she's real handy with firearms, especially handguns. A real 'Anne Oakley' with my 460 XVR Smith wheelgun, though she prefers a 45 ACP 1911. Yes, she has her concealed carry permit too. Women, in general are much better shots than men.

Right now, I'm living in a fog. Might be better that way. Who knows.:D

SMKK

Equipment
B2650
Aug 22, 2019
Lachine, QC
A horse is a hole in the pasture tou also pour money into with little return, if any. Give me cattle anyday. I make money on them and I can eat them if necessary. Not about to butcher a horse (though I hear in Canada they eat them. I'm not going to.
Horse meat is actually eaten in many countries, not that popular here in the great white north, at least not in my area, but I have tried it. I know there was some news about Canada exporting horses for meat, but internally it is not more popular than it would be in the US. I see more and more bison in the store or on menus where I am, that and venison, along with the regular fare

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I've had horse here, smoked. Actually quite good, a fine grained meat. In Europe I've had it plenty, usually as a ground meat mixed with beef in lasagna or shepherd pie - you can't tell the difference then.

Meat is meat.

And back on the rails: I would love to use a trenching attachment where I live, but it's all backhoe work here, as the cobbles and nuggets go from baseball size to VW beetle size. If you have great soil, have at it.

Last edited:

Atlanta Panther

Equipment
Kubota L3200HST with Loaded R4 Tires, LA524 Loader and Quick Connect 66" bucket
Jun 15, 2013
Madison, Ga
Not only do I get great information here, I get laughs as well!

Anyway, checed out subsoilers and I think that will do the trick here. The frost line is only 6" here but a foot gives me a little safety margin.

Thanks, guys!