COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Pretty funny Flip.
Not funny Bill, they way I roll. I have a pre existing condition and I'm 70 so I ain't taking any chances.

The Wuhan Flu would kill me, plain and simple and I don't want to die hooked up to a ventilator coughing up blood and drowning in my own fluid as my lungs can do longer assimilate oxygen. Horrible way to die. I'd rather if I got it, put a bullet in my brain.

Why I'm being overly cautious. By 'me', I meant people that only consider themselves, like the attorney in New Rochelle, NY that tested positive, was told to self isolate but went to temple and infected over 100 people plus the Rabbi. What I mean about 'me' All about me and hell with everyone else because I'm the important one so I'll damn well do what I want and hell with who I infect because I'm the only important person.

NYC has the highest number of confirmed cases right now and I bet that arrogant attorney caused a pile of them

Get my drift?

Me (I'm ) not taking any chances. neither is my wife. I have no problems avoiding contact with others. I even cancelled all my port flushes, I sure as hell don't want to go near a hospital right now unless I absolutely need to. Elective stuff can wait for as long as it takes, whatever that is. My wife and I are observing the mandates set by the Federal Government as well as our State Governor. Self isolate, avoid contact with strangers, stay at least 6 from anyone if you must go shopping, wash your hands frequently, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth and wear latex gloves when pumping gas or using a public accessed keypad. No problem with me. I' don't need a mask unless I went to the hospital for something and I happen to have one of those fancy and expensive 3M ones with the screw on cartridges, I don't need that. All I need to do is practice common sense, something that is sadly lacking today and because of that we are going to pay the price. I just don't want to be in the payment line.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Idaho was ordered to go into lockdown for the next 21 days.
No unessential travel or business!

We are ahead of a lot of other states as far as the number of reported cases, and I hope we can stay that way!
A lot of people in Idaho live remote to very remote, and I think that will help for a while...That is until they run out of food.
For us that will take about 6 months with our current stock storage, even though variety will get pretty stretched.

That's also if I don't start hunting, which I can do in my backyard, then it will be a long time before I need to go anywhere is public.

So everyone in the cities and populated areas get it and spreads it around, some will make it some won't (very sad) but, How long before it dies completely so those people can't contaminate and infect us?
Or how long before we get a vaccine for it?

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada

We are ahead of a lot of other states as far as the number of reported cases, and I hope we can stay that way!
A lot of people in Idaho live remote to very remote, and I think that will help for a while...That is until they run out of food.
For us that will take about 6 months with our current stock storage, even though variety will get pretty stretched.

That's also if I don't start hunting, which I can do in my backyard, then it will be a long time before I need to go anywhere is public.

So everyone in the cities and populated areas get it and spreads it around, some will make it some won't (very sad) but, How long before it dies completely so those people can't contaminate and infect us?
Anybodies guess my friend, I don't think anyone knows for sure. Be safe and if there's a remote chance you start hunting there will be lots of folks on here to help you out with some great recipes.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Many years ago I was researching for a history class paper I was writing and found a book with some lines from the diaries of early Anglo Texas Settlers. One lady wrote they now had a neighbor within 40 miles of them so it was time to pack up and move on. Isolating for C19 wouldn't have bothered her.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Anybodies guess my friend, I don't think anyone knows for sure. Be safe and if there's a remote chance you start hunting there will be lots of folks on here to help you out with some great recipes.
Yea I think the last time I was able to hunt was back when I was 16, and that was for doves or pheasant.

FYI: That day I got shot in the back by a shotgun, embedded quite a few pellets in me along with down from my coat.
He shot me through the cornfield that I was walking in.
The guy that did it was real lucky, as I was knocked silly by it or I would have killed him!
He was from out of state, and wasn't even supposed to be on our land hunting in our field!

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Yea I think the last time I was able to hunt was back when I was 16 for doves or pheasant.

FYI: That day I got shot in the back by a shotgun, embedded quite a few pellets in me along with down from my coat.
The guy that did it was real lucky, as I was knocked silly by it or I would have killed him!
He was from out of state, and wasn't even supposed to be on our land hunting in our field!
My consuming hobby, hunting. I can hunt from my back deck but prefer the woods. I hunt and eat, squirrels, rabbits, deer (Mule and Whitetail) Antelope, Elk and bear. Unless I hunt out of state, I do my own butchering too. I hunt with a bow, rifle and handgun.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Yea I think the last time I was able to hunt was back when I was 16 for doves or pheasant.

Were his initials D.C. or R.C.? ;)

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada

Oh man that really sucks, now I understand, just glad you're alright.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

Hopefully people in your state understand the whole concept of the lockdown (not sure what that entails in your state, but probably similar to ours and most others). Schools here were shut down last Monday which led to a number of people having to take off to be with there kids. Then they shut down the restaurants and bars a couple days later (except take out, delivery and drive thru), then Monday night started the shelter in place and closing of the non essential businesses. My work is considered essential, (and not going into the meeting we had at work) but we are open, and we do have many fleet accounts of essential vehicles (police, ambulance, fire, medical supply, utility vehicles, etc). Fine with me, last Friday I had 3 medical supply vans in the shop and they didn’t sit ten minutes after they were finished before getting picked up.

But now here is what’s happening, past two days these are a couple jobs that I have been handed. Brand new car that the seat cover is pulled out from the cover that holds it down, volume button on steering wheel sticks at times, seat cover is discolored, recalls that were issued years ago...(this is also happening all over according to our Ford dealer forum). All these people that are off of work are doing this kind of stuff, the shelter in place has been all but useless it seems.

Sorry for the rant.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Not funny Bill, they way I roll. I have a pre existing condition and I'm 70 so I ain't taking any chances.
I get it Flip, I'm not far behind age wise and have some pre existing conditions myself.
I honestly thought you were being a little tongue-in-cheek with a post complaining about "me" posts and then talking about "me".

Because we are stuck with the caregiver thing, we had to take me 91yr old FIL to the hospital 16 days ago, possible appendicitis, turned out to be gall bladder problems.
I was only in the e-room maybe 20 minutes, took every precaution, but people were in there hacking, sneezing, etc without covering up. I got up the next day with a scratchy throat & cough, which got worse by the hour. My doc doesn't answer calls on his day off, so I went to an urgent care facility, and found I had an acute bronchial infection. (try being sick with those symptoms during this crisis) Got meds & rest, and I actually feel about 80% human today. Somehow my wife, MIL, & FIL didn't catch it, but the doc said there is a very virulent lung infection around here in addition to corona.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
So I'm walking my dog this evening and I go past a house down the road a ways and there are a couple teenagers playing hoops in the driveway, right in each other's faces. I kept on walking (they were about 100 yards from me.) I thought to myself... How stupid.

2 confirmed cases today in the next town over and one of them is a 20 year old.

Trump is talking about easing the restrictions about Easter. I'm a Trump guy but that is pie in the sky. Come Easter, it will only be getting worse, much worse.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I get it Flip, I'm not far behind age wise and have some pre existing conditions myself.
I honestly thought you were being a little tongue-in-cheek with a post complaining about "me" posts and then talking about "me".

Because we are stuck with the caregiver thing, we had to take me 91yr old FIL to the hospital 16 days ago, possible appendicitis, turned out to be gall bladder problems.
I was only in the e-room maybe 20 minutes, took every precaution, but people were in there hacking, sneezing, etc without covering up. I got up the next day with a scratchy throat & cough, which got worse by the hour. My doc doesn't answer calls on his day off, so I went to an urgent care facility, and found I had an acute bronchial infection. (try being sick with those symptoms during this crisis) Got meds & rest, and I actually feel about 80% human today. Somehow my wife, MIL, & FIL didn't catch it, but the doc said there is a very virulent lung infection around here in addition to corona.
Oh man, it never rains but it pours. Hope you get better and you all move on from this.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
So I'm walking my dog this evening and I go past a house down the road a ways and there are a couple teenagers playing hoops in the driveway, right in each other's faces. I kept on walking (they were about 100 yards from me.) I thought to myself... How stupid.

Trump is talking about easing the restrictions about Easter. I'm a Trump guy but that is pie in the sky. Come Easter, it will only be getting worse, much worse.
If they were family members or housemates then that's fine, it's not like they don't share the same germs normally.

I tried to enforce the 6 foot rule with the wife... Did you know from 6 feet away a flying cast iron frying pan really hurts! :p

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
Bet a rolling pin is no picnic either.

KTuk4J

Equipment
B2650 Duetz Allis 6275 CAT D6 CAT 110B
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR
My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant that when I pee it cleans the toilet! :eek:

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan

https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus

Michigan stats /.. stay home stay safe

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
All the states surrounding us have shut down non-essential businesses and issued stay home directives except for our state. Our executive council asked the governor yesterday to do the same but he doesn’t feel it’s necessary yet because in his mind there is not enough cases of the coronavirus to justify it. Of course there is already deaths and several hundred cases. But he is still buying the thought that the party platform in Washington is shoveling, instead of being realistic and proactive. Waiting until the numbers are high to shut down is a stupid approach. By then it is too late to slow it down.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
You are correct and that time is 14 days are less. In the article you linked, they are stating 11.5 days. So, that doesn't allow it to be running around here in January with every single patient being asymptotic.

So if it was here in January running through the masses, we should of seen are giant up tick in February, not heading into April.

Regardless, it is here and now we get to deal with the impact, both health and economical.

PS-we had to start furloughing some of our employees today as projects are being put on hold as we go through this outbreak.

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
You are correct and that time is 14 days are less. In the article you linked, they are stating 11.5 days. So, that doesn't allow it to be running around here in January with every single patient being asymptotic.

So if it was here in January running through the masses, we should of seen are giant up tick in February, not heading into April.

Regardless, it is here and now we get to deal with the impact, both health and economical.
You have to realize many people don't show any symptoms and many more very mild flue like. This virus being new to North America I'm guessing was very hard for health care to detect until it was here for some time. I have nothing to back this up just guessing from what I read so take it with a grain of salt.

Every morning I wake up lately I'm praying this is just the worst nightmare I've ever had even though I know better. To make everything worst our health care don't have what they need to look after themselves let alone the public,I don't understand. All of a sudden both our governments have massive amounts of money to throw at this problem although to my knowledge no one has seen any of it yet. Why weren't there sufficient supplies in place? It's not as though they didn't have plenty of warning with the outbreak of other viruses throughout history. Piss poor management if you ask me and if I were running a business and this happened someone would be looking for a job. Ok, that's my rant for today, as you were. You need to look out for number one. Stay at home!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4_0Pt3HAR8

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
You have to realize many people don't show any symptoms and many more very mild flue like. This virus being new to North America I'm guessing was very hard for health care to detect until it was here for some time. I have nothing to back this up just guessing from what I read so take it with a grain of salt.

Every morning I wake up lately I'm praying this is just the worst nightmare I've ever had even though I know better. To make everything worst our health care don't have what they need to look after themselves let alone the public,I don't understand. All of a sudden both our governments have massive amounts of money to throw at this problem although to my knowledge no one has seen any of it yet. Why weren't there sufficient supplies in place? It's not as though they didn't have plenty of warning with the outbreak of other viruses throughout history. Piss poor management if you ask me and if I were running a business and this happened someone would be looking for a job. Ok, that's my rant for today, as you were. You need to look out for number one. Stay at home!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4_0Pt3HAR8
Well said Bearbait!

Status
Not open for further replies.