What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
Back on topic..... I used a hair dryer to remove 6-7 warning stickers off the tractor and LP quick hitch and I must say it looks SO much better. There are a few more which I may remove.
The warning stickers have 2 purposes.

1 - Decrease potential Darwin Awards by telling those lacking common sense not to do stupid.

2 - Create a lawsuit defense for Kubota, etc. against those who do stupid and want to blame others.

You have confirmed # 2 by posting here that you acknowledged and removed the stickers.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I curious, what type of personality takes the time and energy to de-badge a tractor?
For me it was just wanting a clean look. As the stickers rip and fade, the paint never looks the same. Of coarse I also waste time washing it, so I am not sure of my personality "type".

My last couple trucks had great big 4X4 stickers on the rear fenders and gaudy dealership stickers on the back. Off they go. A heat gun and a few minutes is all it takes.

Between the tractor, loader, QH and rake (all from dealer at the same time) there was 27 stickers. My question would be who would want those 27 ridiculous stickers making their brand new tractor look like a OSHA billboard in front of a daycare center? I takes all types to fill up a world I guess.

I did not DE-Badge the Brand, Model or any of the serial numbers. Just the 27 warning stickers. 27 Stickers and not a single one telling the operator to check the oil.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Coloration? Not sure what you mean but no discoloration from the adhesive.
If you are referring if the paint where the stickers were removed appears new or bright against the rest of the paint which has faded, no I can't tell where they were. But this tractor's less than one year old and is kept in a garage. I would imagine you'd see a color difference removing stickers on an older tractor with faded paint.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
27 Stickers and not a single one telling the operator to check the oil.
That's because not having that sticker doesn't get kubota sued, it just makes them money from the idiots that didn't check the oil! ;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Coloration? Not sure what you mean but no discoloration from the adhesive.
If you are referring if the paint where the stickers were removed appears new or bright against the rest of the paint which has faded, no I can't tell where they were. But this tractor's less than one year old and is kept in a garage. I would imagine you'd see a color difference removing stickers on an older tractor with faded paint.
He meant Correlation! :rolleyes:

And what you don't like words of wisdom?

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
He meant Correlation! :rolleyes:

And what you don't like words of wisdom?
Ok I see it was changed, makes sense.

Sure I like words of wisdom.
It’s whatever makes you happy. I also like a clean looking tractor w/o ugly stickers all over it.

Dcat spent the time to pick out a couple quotes he thinks are meaningful then typed them in for a signature line to repeat on every post and that’s fine. But he wondered what type of person would take the time to remove stickers?
Since I already had the hair dryer out removing the dealer decal off my new car I took the time to remove some of the gaudy stickers off my tractor which I’ll appreciate every time I’m on it.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Man....tuff crowd!
Oliver ignor the moderator wannabes!
First time I washed mine most of the stickers came right off! Seems Kubota didnt want them to last forever anyway!
Im on this and other forums everyday 5 to 10 min each while having my coffee. I just check in looking for something helpful that I can learn from. Its stupid aruments like these that keep me from posting. Oh well ill keep looking for meaningfull helpful posts then im going outside to enjoy the day!

Sierra3

Equipment
Kubota MX5200, BH92 backhoe, Grapple rake,bushog,bucket
Mar 7, 2020
Defuniak Springs
Took out 21 trees today with backhoe. Oaks, magnolias, and monster pines. Couldn't de limb them because Husqvarna has turned into FORD engineering ( all my HUS saws were interchangeable bars and chains, then they come out with the new junk). nothing cross fits anymore properly just so they can sell you new stuff. Bought two new chains and they don't fit the gears of chainsaw nor the 20" blade. I have 15 old ones i saved for sharpening, and of course not one in the truck out there with me. New one didn't fit so no chainsawing today. stayed the full 12 hrs in the seat on the Kubota stopping only for water sandwich at noon from the cooler. Clearing property for pole barn. Really wish the seat on the backhoe wasn't a flipper down unit and was set back like two more inches. Then wouldn't have to lift left leg over seat getting on and off. It has a flip handle to get leg though, but takes too long up and down. I just mount it like a motorcycle flip left leg over, but gets tiring after a while. Leg cant fit through the front foot area without lowering the seat even though there is room for seat to be moved back towards drivers seat. I might make an offset setback bracket for that.

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
Didn’t know if the little L1 75 had enough energy to lift this up, much to my surprise it lifted the root ball from red Oak up at idle speed man was I surprised. Off to the burn pit with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Put 3 1/2 hours on the new L2501 moving trees and getting used to loader/grapple work and my hand controls. Glad to report all systems including my seat lift are a go! :)
I was REALLY glad I had the rear tires filled especially considering I do not have a box blade or brush cutter hanging off the 3 pt.

Attachments