COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KTuk4J

Equipment
B2650 Duetz Allis 6275 CAT D6 CAT 110B
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR
Re: Is the sky falling?

Just announced:

"China threatens to throw America into the mighty sea of Coronavirus"

By controlling the export of pharmaceuticals. 80%-90% comes from them.

hmm..... Now that makes one think about how this may have started.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City

KTuk4J, can you post a link to where that information came from? Then readers can evaluate the bias or truth being said. Otherwise it's only contributing to the hysteria. And some people can not discern where/what truth is.

KTuk4J

Equipment
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR

KTuk4J, can you post a link to where that information came from? Then readers can evaluate the bias or truth being said. Otherwise it's only contributing to the hysteria. And some people can not discern where/what truth is.

On the latest news
20200317_075653.jpg

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois

I see a lot of pharmaceutical jobs coming back to the US in 2021.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa

edited to remove my opinion from the discussion.

Last edited:

KTuk4J

Equipment
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR

haven't followed this thread but my god the panic going on right now is just stupid, utterly stupid. People have lost their mind. All reasoned thought has been abated. Even the people who know better have been swept up into the whirlwind. If you try to speak any reason to this madness you quickly become the blacksheep. A lot of parallels between this and climate alarmism. Once the train of panic starts rolling its impossible to stop it. Im glad I live in a very rural area where I can go home and turn it all of and ignore it. (First problem)Thankfully I'm also an introvert who rarely goes out anyways so it has not impacted my daily routine one bit. Watching people freak out over staying home a few days further hurts my brain. My god how easily controlled we are. So easily controlled, so easy to manipulate. Those who buy intothe panic immediately begin to fortify their illogical position by preemptively dismissing valid counter arguments - such as the fact that the flu is killing tens of thousands while the coronavirus is killing hundreds. The flu kills approx half a million people every year world wide. Never is there any panic. There was no panic over swine flu in 2009 - 22 million Americans were infected, and 4,000 died. I dont recall any national shut down over that. The vast majority of people dieing to the coronavirus would have also died to the flu had they gotten it instead. those healthy who recover, the stories we are hearing are that the symptoms were very mild. Many with a temperature of around 100 for 1-3 days and just a little under the weather feeling then its over. We are talking a mild lung infection for most typical human beings, no worse than the typical cold or flu virus string. (Incorrect)Its all so illogical. Ive even seen some suggesting marshal law should be ordered, anad people compelled by force to stay in their homes. We need to wake up. Be smart, take normal precautions (That would not control the pandemic) you would to avoid getting ill every flu season, common sense approach, but I see no reason to tank the entire world economy over this thing.
I suggest you start educating yourself.
Many of the statements you made which I highlighted are a proven fact to be incorrect. Some statements I agree with your position.
Have you read about Italy?

Last edited:

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa

I suggest you start educating yourself.
Many of the statements you made which I highlighted are a proven fact to be incorrect. Some statements I agree with your position.
Have you read about Italy?
I disagree. I would argue I'm one of the more well informed on this topic given my and my wifes line of work. I wont defend myself further however as Im removing myself from the discussion. Think what you will. Ill tend to me and mine, you do the same.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA

We haven't planted a garden in 20 years + here.
This year I plan on growing a few vegetables.
Good idea. Issue with fresh produce in a marketplace is.. You have no idea how many people handled it and they may or may not have had clean germ free hands. You grow your own, only you and your immediate family handles it.

I have been a serious gardener for decades and my root cellar shows it. We only eat home grown vegetables, we can and preserve all sorts of stuff and preserve our own harvested meat as well. Our freezers are full of domestically killed meat that I butchered myself plus I raise beef cattle so I can slaughter one, dress it, preserve it and eat in without anyone else touching it.

Last night we had home canned sauerkraut, stuffed on the farm pork sausage with Lima beans from the garden. Tonight is City Chicken from cubed pork from the farm with green beans. All done here.

Wife makes noodles from scratch too.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

+ 10 on that. The reason they left was, people want it cheaper and the Chinese stepped right up and decimated the American pharm industry.

Of course the Chinese have now given us 'The gift that keeps on giving'. Time to 'Bring it home to America and divorce ourselves from China.

Seems as though the Chinese gave it to Italy and Iran as well. Nice of them isn't it?

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH

This is going to have an impact for years to come. 10 years from now, we will refer to some things as before corona and after.

We have all been fat and happy for a long time and a lot of people have gone to a happy go lucky day by day existence. It will hit them the worse.

After the great depression people hoarded/prepped for a whole generation. How soon we forget. It will happen again.

In this case it is a pandemic. Fortunately we still have power and water. Take those away as well as what we are currently dealing with and it would be orders of magnitude worse.

Not everyone, but a lot, will start to plan ahead again.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

This is going to have an impact for years to come. 10 years from now, we will refer to some things as before corona and after.

We have all been fat and happy for a long time and a lot of people have gone to a happy go lucky day by day existence. It will hit them the worse.

After the great depression people hoarded/prepped for a whole generation. How soon we forget. It will happen again.

In this case it is a pandemic. Fortunately we still have power and water. Take those away as well as what we are currently dealing with and it would be orders of magnitude worse.

Not everyone, but a lot, will start to plan ahead again.
I'm afraid that 'a lot' won't have to plan ahead as well.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH

And really, that is one industry that never really needed to leave to begin with. It is a heavily automated industry with ridiculous profits. No need to pay slave labor for the few employees you need to run your operation. It was regulations here have driven a lot of them out and forced the move. Hopefully this will be addressed from many angles going forward.

The current administration has removed a lot of those regulations from the business side, but more needs to be done on the medical side as well. Hopefully it will be just another industry that decides that building it in America is worth it again.

Last edited:

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com

We could always get our meat from the butcher where no animals were injured and our vegetables from the market where no one had to till, plant, nor harvest. Seems simple..... :rolleyes:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Let us pray that we all survive this and are the better for it. I don't want to loose any of my poster friends on this site nor do I want to succumb either.

It's going to be tough sledding for a while and many of us will suffer financially but let us not suffer physically or with family members coming down with the virus.

I'm doing everything I can to mitigate it and it may still not be enough but I'm gonna give it my best shot.

We are in the Lord's hands right now....

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa

edited to remove my opinion from the discussion.

Last edited:

KTuk4J

Equipment
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR

Statement today from Amazon:

"Serving our customers
We believe our role serving customers and the community during this time is a critical one, and we want to make sure our customers can get the items they need, when they need them. As COVID-19 has spread, we've recently seen an increase in people shopping online which has had an impact on how we serve our customers. So in the short term, we are making the decision to temporarily prioritize household staples, medical supplies and other high demand products coming into our fulfillment centers so we can more quickly receive, restock and ship these products to customers. We are working around the clock with our selling partners to ensure availability of these essential products, and continue to bring on additional capacity to deliver customer orders.
March 17, 2020."

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Tornado,
Please stop!

Your ranting and I won't allow it, everyone has been civil on this thread and it will remain that way.

Have an opinion but do it with calm! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.