Let it snow!

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I caught them fishing on my lake. So I parked in the gate and had the sheriff trespass them. If they come back they get arrested.

You never saw 3 guys load a boat so fast in your life.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Ya know a farmer I know had problems like that. During deer season they would cut the locks off or pull the gate down with a chain. So he went and drove a bunch of long roofing nails through some old shingles and laid them in the tire tracks. Seems after one deer season people got the message and stopped trying to go back up his right of way
I get what you guys are saying and couldn't agree more with needing a solution to keep trespassers out. I had thought about the same types of "solutions" until I read an article where a landowner had done something similar. Evidently, the trespasser was rather seriously injured by the booby-trap left by the landowner. The landowner was subsequently sued and the trespasser won a rather large settlement. I know, pretty friggin ridiculous. You just have to be careful.

I use video surveillance signs now. That, coupled with obstructions, seem to do a pretty reasonable job. I'd also suggest some real surveillance (game cameras) position to get a nice pic of the trespassers (and hopefully atv/vehicle plate) in front of a visible no trespassing sign.

Then it's a call to the local law enforcement as the poster above mentioned.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Ok, please let it stop snowing now, PLEASE. Another 4 hour clean up this morning.:mad:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I feel for you my friend,, just wind and rain and about 60 here in the coal country:D

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Thanks skeets, funny how every year we get this close to the end but it always seems to take longer to be over then the whole winter combined.:rolleyes:

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Ok, please let it stop snowing now, PLEASE. Another 4 hour clean up this morning.:mad:
You know almost every year we get to the end of February and think we're over the hump. We get some nice days and are lulled into a state of complacency and POW!, Mother Nature dumps a big surprise on us.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I get antsy about getting the snowblower off, and switching over to “dirt” mode this time of year.

Mud season is probably my favorite time of year. I like to be outside and productive if it’s not too muddy.

I’ve learned to be patient, but it’s so hard......[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I simply refuse to accept any more snow deliveries this late winter, early spring! ;)

Mother Nature can keep them till this upcoming winter! :p

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
You know almost every year we get to the end of February and think we're over the hump. We get some nice days and are lulled into a state of complacency and POW!, Mother Nature dumps a big surprise on us.
I am still looking over my shoulder.
We have perennially gotten a big wet dump some time in March.
But, Mud season is in full swing here, weeks earlier than "normal".
My tractor is parked for the duration. Snow or no. Just too wet and soft.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Seems as though we're all in the same mind set, enough already. Heavy rain here today but cleared up enough this afternoon to take Moe the toe for a walk out the road...what isn't ice and there's lots is real soft already. They're calling for another storm this weekend but we are well stocked up so I'm afraid it will just have to stay until it melts this time or I'll be tearing up our road, time will tell.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Yep, and I can remember a few springs of mowing the lawn while snowflakes were falling!

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
I simply refuse to accept any more snow deliveries this late winter, early spring! ;)

Mother Nature can keep them till this upcoming winter! :p
How does one go about refusing a delivery of snow? Does it involve drinking and throwing a tantrum?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
How does one go about refusing a delivery of snow? Does it involve drinking and throwing a tantrum?
It involves bribery... I told her I would plant more trees... Mother nature like to blow them down. :rolleyes:

I don't want to rub anyone nose in it, but our mud season came and went within a couple weeks, yes it's rather shocking, I just ran the roller up and down the driveway and there is only 2 soft spots, the rest if it is frost free, settled and dry. :D

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
It involves bribery... I told her I would plant more trees... Mother nature like to blow them down. :rolleyes:

I don't want to rub anyone nose in it, but our mud season came and went within a couple weeks, yes it's rather shocking, I just ran the roller up and down the driveway and there is only 2 soft spots, the rest if it is frost free, settled and dry. :D
Damn man haven't you heard that misery loves company?:rolleyes:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Bearbait - we’ve got plenty of mud if you want anymore for the party! [emoji3]

Looking at our long-range forecast, I think the blower is coming off pretty quick.

Usual is late-March.

Still will have box blade and FEL ....

With a breezy and sunny 35 tomorrow, my driveway might be about perfect for some light box blade dressing Sunday at 50+ and sunny.

Like to catch it one time before it dries up too much....

Let’s just hope I haven’t angered the snow gods! [emoji15]

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Bearbait - we’ve got plenty of mud if you want anymore for the party! [emoji3]

Looking at our long-range forecast, I think the blower is coming off pretty quick.

Usual is late-March.

Still will have box blade and FEL ....

With a breezy and sunny 35 tomorrow, my driveway might be about perfect for some light box blade dressing Sunday at 50+ and sunny.

Like to catch it one time before it dries up too much....

Let’s just hope I haven’t angered the snow gods! [emoji15]

Fruit trees are flowering here. :cool: daffodils are up. Tulips and lilies are sprouting.

Saw snow once this year. Great big flakes that melted before they hit the ground. It was just enough to freak out the locals on the roads and cause a bunch of pileups. Nobody in the wrecks took into account that it was 37 degrees ag the time [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk