2008 rtv 900 slow

Chie

Equipment
Rtv 900
Jan 26, 2020
Amboy
I have a 2008 rtv 900 only goes around 10mph. If going downhill it will go faster in higher gears. But other than that pretty much same speed in every gear. Revs up fine in neutral, already replaced the fuel filter and all oil filters used kubota oils.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Has it ever gone faster than 10mph?

What did you find in the fuel filter?

Clogged air filter?

Compression test results?

Parking brakes on?

Brakes dragging?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
From what I've seen, speed isn't a strong point on any RTV diesels. If I'm not mistaken, about 21 is top end.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
first we have to know if the engine is making full power and the transmission just feels like it's slipping, or if the engine feels weak and bogs the engine when you floor it.

get the WSM out and verify all cables adjusted properly. Pay close attention to the brake and VHT release cables. If all those are ok, move on to doing a pressure check on the HST.

Check all engine related stuff. Air filter and fuel filter specifically. Any exhaust smoke? Hard starting?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I have a 2008 rtv 900 only goes around 10mph. If going downhill it will go faster in higher gears. But other than that pretty much same speed in every gear. Revs up fine in neutral, already replaced the fuel filter and all oil filters used kubota oils.
This subject is often discussed at nettractortalk forums the most recent model being the 1140.

Flip, you were told correct... if comparing a Kubota RTV to most other brands, most of whom go for speed and flash-bang instead of strength and towing capability or ability to handle a snow-plow or other implements. I use my little RTV-X900 Diesel to pull 25’ trailers up/down hills here in central Texas and it does it with aplomb. The Kawasaki Mule we have is downright scary to handle above 25 mph, so I suspect Kubota was thinking correctly about speed vs power. My neighbors JD gator is on the C-List so his wife will let him buy a Kubota because his JD won’t haul any[thing.

The Kubotas are big on power to do real work, but if you are in the bass-boat-race mentality then you’d be happier with a Polaris (until you get the maintenance bills or it catches fire) or a Kawasaki Mule (if you don’t mind having a finicky gasoline engine.)

Kubotas top speed is about 25 mph but I warn anyone thinking about going faster.... These UTV/RTV/ATVs are exhiliarating at any speed above 15 and all very capable of loss-of-control when faster than 25 on the terrain for which they are intended. Most are open-design vehicles with very real possibilities of injury above jogging speeds.

http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15965

Saxman

Equipment
L3830 ZD21
Jun 19, 2010
Mt. Vernon, IL
I have the RTV X1120, it has the same engine as the cab version, 24.8 HP. It will go 29 MPH on a good day. As stated earlier these are not designed for speed but are for work. If that’s not what you need or want there are plenty of alternatives on the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luckystars

Equipment
M5950 M1840A RTV900 CLUB CAR CARRY ALL 1
Mar 1, 2018
Webster FL USA
How many hours on the slow machine. Have you pulled the spark arrestor to see how plugged it is? That would be my first check.