Disappointed with dealer/Kubota

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I went to my dealer and placed an order for my 3rd function valve for my L3560HSTC. Dealer said it would be a week and it would be here. Well, now four weeks later and still no valve. Talked to the dealer today and it still hasn't shipped from the manufacture. So, I have my grapple, but unable to use it.

:(:(:(

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
A year or so ago when I ordered mine, it took about 8 weeks before it came in. Not sure why. Maybe they make then for specific models in groups, then switch to another model.

But it was worth the wait. I wanted the Kubota 3rd function because it has steel lines running to the front and mount on the loader rails just as if it was all done at the factory. Nice and clean!

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
A year or so ago when I ordered mine, it took about 8 weeks before it came in. Not sure why. Maybe they make then for specific models in groups, then switch to another model.

But it was worth the wait. I wanted the Kubota 3rd function because it has steel lines running to the front and mount on the loader rails just as if it was all done at the factory. Nice and clean!
I was encouraged that the wait would be worth it.

Still have to admit that I'm disappointed. I would of much rather been told from the get go that it would be 8 or 10 weeks, verses 1 week. I like the Scotty approach to problems, all tell the captain that it will take twice as long as you think so when you cut the time in half you look like a miracle worker.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
I think sometimes the dealer actually does not know how long it will take for them to get it. When I ordered mine, I don't think I even asked, and if i did I don't remember the answer. I called after a couple of weeks, then another week, and on and on. It finally shipped in a box that had a dealer in Washington State's label on the box. Every time I talked to the dealer they indicated they couldn't get an answer of actual shipping date.

For my L4240 the box was like 15"x20"x6' long. It was required for all the tubing, valve, handle, etc.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I believe you are 100% correct. Dealers assume that the stuff is in stock in the warehouse and lead time is usually a week in that. Just ordered a new gathering wheel kit for my round baler from NH and candidly I did not expect it to come in as quick as it did, Came in less than a week, all nicely crated.

I was expecting a month or more but obviously, it was in the warehouse at NH in Pa. Kind of took me by surprise, had to hit the bank for the 1800 bucks.:eek:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: I think sometimes the dealer actually does not know how long it will take for them to get it

really ? In today's intensly computer based World, they should KNOW exactly when something will come. Everyone has inventory in a computer and frankly there is STILL a thing called a telephone that people can use. Three decade ago( pre Internet) I manufactured energy control systems and even then ALL suppliers could tell me stock and lead times. I also cut code( real code) for several retailers to manage 'turns' to keep stock levels accurate and customers happy. This isn't 'rocket science'.
For ANY company to not know that simple information today is inexcusable.

Jay

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
re: I think sometimes the dealer actually does not know how long it will take for them to get it

really ? In today's intensly computer based World, they should KNOW exactly when something will come. Everyone has inventory in a computer and frankly there is STILL a thing called a telephone that people can use. Three decade ago( pre Internet) I manufactured energy control systems and even then ALL suppliers could tell me stock and lead times. I also cut code( real code) for several retailers to manage 'turns' to keep stock levels accurate and customers happy. This isn't 'rocket science'.
For ANY company to not know that simple information today is inexcusable.

Jay
Most dealers don't take the time to check but just tell the customer what they think he wants to hear.

SDT

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Most dealers don't take the time to check but just tell the customer what they think he wants to hear.

SDT
I will say that when I ordered my 540 / 1000 rpm PTO kit, I had my dealer order it in July 2 years ago and by November it still hadn't materialized and I asked my dealer (the owner) about it and he called Kubota in (I presume, Grove City, Ohio ((Columbus)) and they said they would get back to him. January rolled around and still no 540-1000 kit so I asked again and my dealer did some checking and it turned out the kit was sitting in Grove City the entire time. Why is sat there I have no idea but after the January ask, it was at the dealership in a week. Didn't need it as it was for farm use and I don't farm in January anyway. Didn't even install it until April. Sat in the shop collecting dust for a couple months. Easy install but heavy and now I have a complete 540 pto sitting in the crate the 540-1000 unit came in, drawbar included. Probably need to put it on flea bay or CL. Don't need it. One nice thing about the 540-1000 kit is it increases the fluid volume by a gallon but requires a longer drawbar.

Seemed odd to me but like I said, I don't get anxious. Kind of like the NH gathering wheel kit for the round baler. I figured it would take at least a month, possibly 2 to get it and it came in a week.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
My wife told me the good Lord was trying to teach me some patience. As she pointed out, I have still been able to accomplish a lot, the grapple would make some of the work easier.

So, I will try to calmly wait. Going to get the 50 hour service completed next week and go forward from there.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Never could understand the reason for having one (dedicated grapple). I may fabricate one to fit my SSQA pallet forks however, for transporting limbs and such.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
One has a dedicated grapple, or any other implement, for the same reason you have more then one tractor.... makes a job easier!

If you don't do THAT particular job you probably don't need that implement. The very same reason you have bigger tractor (and keep telling us about it), you put up hay and the ones with smaller tractors don't. Folks buy what they can use, simple as that.:D

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
One has a dedicated grapple, or any other implement, for the same reason you have more then one tractor.... makes a job easier!

If you don't do THAT particular job you probably don't need that implement. The very same reason you have bigger tractor (and keep telling us about it), you put up hay and the ones with smaller tractors don't. Folks buy what they can use, simple as that.:D
Well, I can use one to move dead limbs and such but an add on one to my pallet forks makes that attachment multi use Not sure what any of that has to do with the original topic.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Talked to the dealer and he stated the computer now shows the valve shipping the 24th.

So we went from one week delivery (ordered Oct. 14th) , to Nov. 11th, to now Nov. 24th.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Took the tractor in to the dealership and dropped it off this morning so they could do the 50 hours service on it.

While I was there, found out that my lovely wife had purchased the rear lighting kit for the tractor and they would be installing it. In addition, the service manager came out and informed me that UPS delivered the 3rd function valve kit last night and they would be installing it.

If all goes well, I will be grappling away next weekend.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Most manufacturers have multiple parts warehouses. Inventory is often a sum of all the locations. In some instances, large items have to be shipped freight and they rarely will do LTL. So a truck could leave from wherever the next day or a month later. Small items 'might' be UPS'd. In some cases, inventory updates are slow. In some cases, 'kits' are made from parts on the shelves and up to the whim of the warehouse 'putting it together'.:)
I recall back in the 1970's, inventory was based on inventory anyplace in the world. It could be down the street, it could be in some dank building in India.:eek:

This is why in some instances, if it is a major part, it is faster to replace the entire machine. A prime example of this is what Telsa owners have to go through.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Well the saga continues.

The service is done and the rear lights are installed, but no 3rd function valve. The wrong 3rd function valve kit was shipped. :mad:

So, I will pick up the tractor and put it back to work and it will be a few more weeks before the right kit arrives.